This course provides the delegate with the necessary knowledge and skills to take the ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst Certificate exam.
Course provides an understanding of technical testing issues beyond the ISTQB Foundation level, giving participants the knowledge and skills required to become an Advanced Technical Test Analyst.
An Advanced Technical Test Analyst can:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans detailing the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structure-based techniques to achieve defined coverage criteria based on code and design.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and use dynamic analysis to mitigate those risks.
- Use static analysis to suggest improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code.
- Outline the costs and benefits expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
Training is designed to Testers, Test Analysts, Test Engineers, Test Consultants, Software Developers and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certificate. The Advanced Level certificates are also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as Project Managers, Quality Managers, Software Development Managers, Business Analysts, IT Directors and Management Consultants.
To take the ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst Certificate candidates must hold the ISTQB/BCS Foundation certificate. In addition course participants are expected to have an understanding of general programming and system architecture concepts.
ISTQB certification exam will be organized around two weeks after training.
Those who pay with Tieturi training card will be charged card days. Please remember to register to the exam. Test will be charged separately: 220 € + VAT.
The training material is in English.
The Technical Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Explains how to identify, assess and mitigate technical risks.
- This section builds on the Foundation techniques of statement and decision coverage. The structure-based techniques covered are:
- Condition testing
- Decision/condition testing
- Modified condition/decision coverage (MC/DC)
- Multiple condition testing
- Basis path testing and API coverage
Participants learn how to choose appropriate structural test techniques.
- Analytical TechniquesDescribes how to apply static analysis to detect potential security, maintainability and testability defects in code. The use of dynamic analysis to mitigate risks in code and software architecture is also covered.
9.00 Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- General planning issues
- Security testing
- Reliability testing
- Performance testing
- Resource use
- Maintainability testing
- Portability testing
- Using checklist in reviews
9.00 Test Tools and Automation
Focuses on the tools and automation issues that are relevant to Technical Test Analysts
- Integration and information interchange between tools
- Defining the test automation project
- Selecting the test automation approach
- Modelling business processes for automation
- Specific tools