The course will introduce attendees to working with the PowerCenter Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor tools, performing tasks such as creating transformations, mappings, reusable objects, sessions and workflows to extract, transform and load data. They will develop cleansing, formatting, sorting and aggregating procedures. They can learn how to use routers, update strategies, parameters /variables and overrides. This course will cover many different types of lookups, such as cached, persistent, dynamic and multiple row returns. Workflow tasks will be created to define a set of instructions for executing the ETL.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Use Informatica Support to resolve questions and problems with PowerCenter 9.x
- Use PowerCenter 9.x Designer to build mappings that extract data from a source to a target, transforming it as necessary
- Use PowerCenter transformations to cleanse, format, join, aggregate and route data to the appropriate targets.
- Perform error handling/trapping using PowerCenter mappings
- Use PowerCenter 9.x Workflow Manager to build and run a workflow which executes a sessions associated with a mapping
- Design and build simple mappings and workflows based on essential business needs
- Perform basic troubleshooting using PowerCenter logs and debugger.
Data Integration developers with little or no experience of PowerCenter.
The PowerCenter Developer Training is a level 1 course that introduces users to PowerCenter 9.x through hands-on exercises.
The course content includes the following topics:
An Overview of Informatica PowerCenter
- Create flat file and relational Sources using the Source Analyzer
- Create flat file and relational Targets using the Target Developer
- Mappings using the Mapping Designer
- Workflows using the Workflow Designer
- Monitor the workflow using the Workflow Monitor
- Preview Target Data using the PowerCenter Designer
- Understand PowerCenter Log files
- Use PC log files
PowerCenter Transformations, Tasks and Reusability
- Define list of PC Designer Transformations and Workflow Tasks
- Clarify Active vs. Passive Transformations
- Use the Expression Transformation and Editor in a mapping
- Use Reusable Designer Transformations
Features & Techniques
- Outline use of Arrange All and Arrange All Iconic
Show ‘Autolink’ feature
Show ‘Select Link Path’ feature
Define Propagation of Port Properties
Joins and Link Conditions
- Define Joins
- Clarify Heterogeneous vs. Homogeneous Joins
- Use a Joiner Transformation to join relational and flat file sources
- Use the Source Qualify to join two relational sources
- Make use of Link Conditions to execute one session when the first finishes successfully.
Using the Debugger
- Outline Debugger Interface
- Show creation of a break point
- Show ‘Evaluate the Expression’ functionality
- Re-Execute mapping with different values
Sequence Generators, Lookups and Caching
- Define the Sequence Generator
- Define the Lookup Transformation
- Understand the different types of Lookups
- Clarify Lookup Caching
- Use a Flat File Lookup to add data to a relational target.
- Create a Multiple Row Return Lookup, use Aggregators and Expressions
- Build a Dates Lookup Cache
- Utilize Event Wait, Event Timer and Email Tasks
- Use a decision task
Update Strategies, Routers and Overrides
- Build a mapping that uses Update Strategies and Routers
Sorter, Aggregator, Unconnected Lookups, Mapping Parameter/Variables and Mapplets/Worklets
- Define Sorter Transformation
- Detail Aggregator Transformation and Aggregate Functions
- Explain Unconnected Lookups and how they are called.
- Describe Mapping Parameters/Variables and initialization priority
- Outline Mappets and Worklets
- Use these Transformations to create a mapping
- Parameter File Instruction.
The course is taught in local language. Course includes plenty of hands-on exercises.
Course price includes course material and catering (coffees, lunch) daily.
Affecto reserves the right to make changes to courses and schedules. Affecto may cancel a course if there are less than six (6) participants. Affecto is not responsible for any expenses related to course cancellation.
This course can also be arranged onsite at customer location.
Affecto Finland Oy vastaa kurssin toteutuksesta.
Affecto Finland Oy is responsible for running this course. Course will be held in Helsinki, Pitäjänmäki.
MIF/Tieturi Training card prices or other pricing contracts are not applicable for this course. The course will be held in cooperation with Affecto Finland.