This course is designed to give you the basic skills needed to work with the Information Design Tool. The Information Design Tool enables designers to extract, define, and manipulate metadata from relational and OLAP sources to create and deploy SAP BusinessObjects universes. During this three-day course you will learn to design, create and maintain BO universes. You will learn to create different objects, restrictions, functions, object hierarchies, define table joins and solve problems caused by database structure.
This course is intended for:
- Application Consultant
- Data Consultant / Manager
- Program / Project Manager
- System Administrator
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Working knowledge of SAP Webintelligence reporting
This course is based on SAP course "SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 Information Design Tool Basics". The course content includes the following topics
- Basic SAP BusinessObjects Universe Design
- Describing Universes
- Defining the Components of a Universe
- Defining Data Connections
- Data Foundations
- Creating Data Foundations
- Using Joins
- Business Layers
- Accessing Data through the Business Layer
- Integrating the Business Layer Components
- Validating Objects
- Creating Measure Objects
- Creating Shortcut Joins
- Loops in a Data Foundation
- Resolving Loops with Joined Tables
- Resolving Loops Using Aliases
- Resolving Loops Using Contexts
- Detecting Contexts
- Editing Contexts
- Testing Contexts
- Resolving Recursive Loops
- SQL traps
- Data Restrictions
- Defining Data Restrictions
- Applying Mandatory Data Restrictions
- Applying Optional Data Restrictions
- Object @functions
- Using Object @functions in Queries
- Applying the Aggregate Awareness Optimization Method
- Using Other @ Functions
- Providing a List of Values (LOV)
- Creating Derived Tables
- Linking universes
- Universe security
- Creating universe language version
The course is taught in local language, the course material is written in English. Course includes plenty of hands-on exercises.
Course price includes course material and catering (coffees, lunch) daily.
Affecto reserves the right to make changes to courses and schedules. Affecto may cancel a course if there are less than six (6) participants. Affecto is not responsible for any expenses related to course cancellation.
This course can also be arranged onsite at customer location.
The course will be held Affecto Academy training facility at Atomitie 2, 00370 Helsinki. The course day begins at 9am and end at 4pm.
VAT will be added to the prices.
Affecto Finland Oy vastaa kurssin toteutuksesta.
Affecto Finland Oy is responsible for running this course. Course will be held in Helsinki, Pitäjänmäki.
MIF/Tieturi Training card prices or other pricing contracts are not applicable for this course. The course will be held in cooperation with Affecto Finland.