This intensive, extended-hours course combines instructor training with hands-on labs to focus on how to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere® 6, including VMware ESXi™ 6 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6. This course combines the content of the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage course with troubleshooting skills needed for maintaining highly available and scalable vSphere environments. Students gain practical experience with these concepts through the completion of hands-on labs.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) exam.
Students who complete this course can enroll in more advanced vSphere courses. For advanced course options, go to www.vmware.com/education.
New and experienced system administrators, systems engineers, and system integrators willing to work hard to achieve superior vSphere skills with minimal time away from the office.
• System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course or VCA-DCV certification
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Deploy an ESXi host and create virtual machines
• Deploy a vCenter Server instance or VMware vCenter™ Server Appliance™
• Configure and manage the vSphere infrastructure with the VMware vSphere® Client™ and the VMware vSphere® Web Client
• Configure virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
• Describe and use a content library
• Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
• Use VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machine storage
• Use VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™ to identify and solve issues through analytics and alerts
• Manage VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
• Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
• Use VMWare vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters
to improve host scalability
• Use vSphere distributed switches to improve network scalability
• Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches
• Perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, vCenter Server, virtual networking, virtual storage, and other vSphere operations
Valmistajan virallinen koulutuskeskus Arrow ECS Finland Oy vastaa kurssin toteutuksesta. Kurssipaikka sijaitsee Stella Business Parkissa, Espoossa.
Vendor’s authorized training center Arrow ECS Finland Oy is responsible for running this course. Course will be held in Espoo, Stella Business Park.
Training card prices or other pricing contracts are not applicable for this course. The course will be held in cooperation with ArrowECS.