PRINCE2® Foundation, 6th Edition, in English
After attending PRINCE2 Foundation, 6th Edition training course you can utilize this project work framework in your own projects either as a project manager or as a member of a project team.
The PRINCE2 Foundation, 6th Edition course provides participants with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2 project methodology including the seven principles, seven themes, seven processes and three techniques central to running a project using the PRINCE2 method. This course prepares you to participate to a voluntary PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam, too.
Project managers, consultants and support staff needing a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the project lifecycle along with the key management documents that should be created during each stage of a project when using PRINCE2 project management method.
Since this is a compressed, fast-moving training course, it is required that you familiarize yourself with the material that is sent before the training or that you have the experience of using PRINCE2 in project management. It is recommended that you book approx. 1 hour for going through the pre-material.
Getting PRINCE2 Foundation Certification does not require project work experience, but having project work experience is recommended so that you can better adopt the lessons of the training course.
Contents of PRINCE2 Foundation, 6th Edition
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2 method
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the project plan
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2 method
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the techniques
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
- Prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation, 6th Edition exam
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto PRINCE2 Practitioner Level
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the Project
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well-managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results
PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam
- 60 multiple choice questions
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass: 55%
- Duration: 60 minutes + extra 15 min for non-native English participants
- Closed book, no outside information sources are allowed (including e.g., dictionary, Google Translate or PRINCE2 Manual)
- Sample exams are available in Axelos website.
The PRINCE2 Foundation certification test is voluntary. The exam fee is included in your training fee. You take the certification test online at your computer at the time best suitable to you.
This training is run by an officially accredited trainer using an officially accredited training material, based on the latest version PRINCE2 Foundation, 6th edition. The material and optional certification tests are in English. The training course is run in English or in Finnish - see info next to the training date. See the description of PRINCE2 Foundation, 6th Edition training in Finnish here.
Tieturi is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO), ACCREDITED BY PEOPLECERT ON BEHALF OF AXELOS.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Training days are 9:00 - 16:30.
Morning coffee available from 8:30 am onwards.
The price of taking the certification test one time is included in the training price.
Those who pay with Tieturi training card will be charged 3 days. This includes the price of the certification test.
You might be interested in these courses: