PRINCE2(R) Foundation and Practitioner
Using elements from QA’s ‘Performance Based Learning’ approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning ‘games’ and practice exam questions.
Both PRINCE2 Foundation, and PRINCE2 Practitioner Examinations
Project Manager Today subscription*
12 months BCS Associate Membership
Official PRINCE2 manual
High quality courseware
Pre-course reading: QA’s unique video-based learning will introduce PRINCE2, helping you to understand the context behind the method before you come to the course
Tutor support: Your course registration contains details of how you can access expert support and advice, before and after the course
What makes our PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course different?
We don't just want you to pass the PRINCE2® exams, we want to make you a great project manager. That's why our 5-day PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course is different.
- Prepare more efficiently with highly engaging video-based pre-course learning.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology with our unique interactive learning.
- Go beyond the PRINCE2 methodology during the course to become a more effective project manager.
- We guarantee exam success on your publicly scheduled course or your money back with our enhanced PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course exam insurance.
- QA PRINCE2 Exam Insurance means you will be able to come on the same public course at a later date to resit your exam. If you fail the same exam three times, we will refund your course fee. You must request your exam re-sit within 90 days of completion of your course.
Terms and conditions can be found here
About your course
PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture. This course provides a definitive overview of the latest version of PRINCE2, the 6th Edition. We cover it's four integrated components:
- Project environment
We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Using elements from QA's Performance-Based Learning approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award-winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning games and practice exam questions.
Project managers, team leaders, and anyone aspiring to such a role.
- At PRINCE2 Foundation level, demonstrate that you understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method
- At PRINCE2 Practitioner level, demonstrate that you can apply and tailor the PRINCE2 method to a real project.
- Explain and apply the PRINCE2 principles.
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes and describe how they are applied to a project.
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, explaining the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Create the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but learners would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
- You will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, which will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately 1 hour to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively).
- Click here to view the minimum technical system requirements required to access QA's video-based learning.
- The benefits of pre-course reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation:
Proof of identification
If you're taking an exam, you are required to provide photo ID with a valid signature, eg driving licence, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting your exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in your exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, your exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable adjustments policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
Learners undertaking this course will be provided with an eBook of the official course manual to support their learning, instructions on how to access the eBook will be provided with the course joining instructions.
Please note: For open book exams learners are permitted to use a second device to access the official course manual, the use of dual monitors is not permitted during the exam.
Please ensure you bring a device such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop to be able to load your course material on to as you may need this for use in the evenings.
Days 1 and 2 of the course focus on the components of the method, with days 3 to 5 addressing how the method might be applied and tailored to a real-life project. Delegates should note that evening work will be assigned, which is not expected to exceed 3 hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Overview
The structure of the method and the guide will be introduced before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Examination details
PeopleCert exams take place remotely via PeopleCert Online Proctoring. You will be required to download and install ExamShield and conduct a compatibility test prior to sitting the exam.
You may choose to sit your exams at the end of the day for each the Foundation (day 2) and Practitioner (day 5) parts of the course. When booking your exam please ensure that it is for a time when the course has finished for that day - 17.30pm. Alternatively, you may book your exams for a later date at a time convenient for yourself.
- Duration: 60 minutes (Foundation); 150 minutes (Practitioner)
- Questions (OTQ): 60 (Foundation); 68 (Practitioner – scenario based)
- Pass mark: 55% (Foundation and Practitioner)
- Use of textbook: No (Foundation); yes (Practitioner)
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.