This SSM training gives an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework®) enterprise, according to version 4.5 of SAFe.
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM).
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
The training material is in English, training is run in Finnish or English (see flags next to the date). The training is run by using official material provided by Scaled Agile, Inc.
Applying the Scrum Master role within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) enterprise according to version 4.5 of SAFe
Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Benefits of SAFe Scrum Master training
- The key components of scaled Agile development
- How Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise
- How to execute iteration planning
- Building high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Coaching those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe.
- How to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Goals of SAFe SM training
After this course, you can:
- Perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
Content of SAFe Scrum Master training
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification examination
- This training prepares you for SAFe 4 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based; closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Scrum Master course
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73% passing score)
- see SAFe 4 Scrum Master sample test questions
Attendees who pass the SAFe Scrum Master exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Scrum MAster digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
Timetable for SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) training
Course days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:00, morning coffee available from 8:30 am onwards.
Training card on SAFe Scrum Master training
Those who pay with Tieturi's training card will be charged 150 € + vat. for the material.
SAFe® and Scaled Agile Framework® are registered marks of Scaled Agile, Inc.