Kåre Rude Andersen, who has worked with SCOM and MOM since 2004, has developed this hands-on labs for you as an administrator. Mastering SCOM 2016 gives you the skills to install and configure the main features in Operations Manager 2016 and try all new features in System Center Operations Manager 2016
- Visualization, Widgets
- Maintenance mode
- Azure monitoring
- Hybrid monitoring – together with OMS
- Linux Monitoring
- Application Platform Monitoring
- Network device monitoring
This is a comprehensive SCOM 2016 lab which will guide and give you enough knowledge to implement a successful upgrade or new installation of Operations Manager 2016.
This 2016 Training will of course also cover the 2012 R2 version of SCOM.
All participants also get 1 year license for free by Core Tech's Dashboard. An add-on that deals with the control of all aspects of services - hardware, software and network for the IT department.
A LabCenter Remote delivery.
This course is in English and you partcipate online from wherever you want.
Basic knowledge in Windows, SQL, Powershell and/or previous versions of Operations Manager
The courseware is a high quality labmanual in which you will find working samples and solutions on your everyday challenges in SCOM 2016.
The Samples and Powerpoint slides will be on a Skydrive where you are able to download, also after the training.
After this Lab you are able to install, configure and create multilevel, 360 monitoring in SCOM 2016.
Operations Manager 2016 Pre Install Task
- Design your Operations Manager 2016 implementation
- Security and Authentication in SCOM 2016
- Implementing SCOM with SQL 2014 and SQL 2016
Install or upgrade SCOM on Windows 2016
- Clean Install
- Upgrade Path for your existing Operations Manager
- Upgrade all-in-one or server role by server role
Configuration and Compatibility
- Communication Ports and data flow
- Management Group Settings
- Working with Pools in SCOM 2016
- Subscribing and Notification
- Agent Rollout and keep them updated
- Implement Gateway Servers
- Unix/Linux servers
- Agent and Certificates
- Operations Console
- Dashboards and Widgets
- Web Console
Reporting and Datawarehouse
- Managing new and existing reports
- Data design of Datawarehouse
- Creating own Reports
- Using SQL Profiler to change data for default reports
APM – Application Performance Management
- .NET Monitoring
- Server-side Monitoring
- Client-side Monitoring
Hybrid Monitoring with SCOM and OMS
- Monitoring IaaS, PaaS and SaaS in Azure
- Monitor with Azure Management Pack
- Operational Management Suite (OMS) and Hybrid monitoring
- Out of the box monitoring
- SNMP – Now with v3 support
- Discovery – Recursive and Pools
- New predefined network Dashboards
- New Authoring Possibilities
- Hot and Not when creating own management pack
- The future of design interface
Putting it all together
- Establishing a multi-tier monitoring solution
- Distributed Application
- Service Level Targets and how to promote the score
SCOM Together with System Center Suite and OMS
- SCSM, SCVMM and Orchestrator (SMA)
- SCOM and OMS – working together
- Cross Platform and non-Microsoft monitoring
- Connectors to 3 rd. part