This whiteboard design session is designed to provide exposure to many of Microsoft Azure’s Security features. The goal is to show an end-to-end solution, leveraging many of these technologies, but not necessarily doing work in every component possible.
The architecture includes:
- Azure Virtual Machines and Networks with Network Security Groups
- Virtual Private Networks (Point to Point, Site to Site)
- Azure Web Apps
- Azure SQL DB and corresponding security features (Threat Detection, TDE, Column Level Encryption, etc.)
- Azure Storage Encryption
- SQL Server Virtual Machines
- Azure IAM
- Azure Monitor and Log Analytics
- Power BI
- Azure Security Center
- Azure Key Vault Integrations
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Intune
- Conditional Access controls
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies and want to cross-train on Azure.
Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Azure Security, Privacy, and Compliance Course Outline
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Azure security, privacy, and compliance
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On Lab - Azure security, privacy, and compliance
- Implementing Just-In-Time (JIT) access
- Securing the Web Application and Database
- Migrating to Azure Key Vault
- Securing the Network
- Creating security log alerts
- Creating Compliance Reports with Power BI
- Using Compliance Manager
The training begins at 9.00 and ends around 16.-16.30. Breakfast is served since 8.30.
About the teacher
Karl Ots, Azure MVP, is a cloud and cybersecurity expert from Kompozure with more than a decade of professional experience in the technology field. Karl has been working hands-on with Microsoft Azure since 2011. Karl is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).