Set up and configure Continuous Delivery within Azure using a combination of Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Students will do this throughout the use of a new VSTS project, Git repository for source control, and an ARM template for Azure resource deployment and configuration management.
At course completion
Students will be better able to build templates to automate cloud infrastructure and reduce error-prone manual processes. In addition, they will be able to:
- Create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Template to provision Azure resources
- Configure Continuous Delivery with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Configure Application Insights into an application
- Create a Visual Studio Team Services project and Git repository
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template that can provision the web application, SQL database
- Create a Visual Studio Team Services team project and Git Repository
- Create Visual Studio Team Services build definition
- Create Visual Studio Team Services release pipeline
- Trigger a build and release
- Create a feature branch and submit a pull request
Okko Oulasvirta is a consultant specializing on Microsoft technologies, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM & DevOps) and Enterprise Cloud Architectures. Okko has over 15 years of work experience on Microsoft technologies. Okko is Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) on Application Lifecycle Management.