Create secure solutions using Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), SmartCards CLM and more!
Mastering PKI & Certificate Services ADCS in Windows Expert Level Training for Windows Server 2016 ADCS
Get hands-on experience building secure solutions for Smart Cards, encryption, Secure Access and other exciting applications with Hasain Alshakarti, one of the world's foremost experts on PKI. He will show you effective methods, helpful tools and products required - all based on self-perseived scenarios.
Get a grip of Certificate Lifecycle Management using proprietary TrueSec-tools and suitable products to administrate smart cards and certificates. Install, configure, test, and manage PKI with Active Directory, basic PKI expertise in design, standards and safety requirements in your own environment.
New features in Windows Server will be covered. Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) in Windows Server provides multiple new features and capabilities such as Virtual Smart Cards, Key-Based Renewal Support, Version 4 Certificate Templates, PowerShell Deployment and Management. The course is run on the latest version of Windows Server.
The hands-on labs and discussions are based on real-life scenarios covering designing and deploying enrollment services, revocation checking, SHA1 to SHA2 migrations, disaster recovery scenarios, certificate reporting, CA database management, code Signing, key-pair file management, smartcard logon and enrollment agents.
A LabCenter Remote delivery.
This course is in English and you can participate online from wherever you want
This PKI and Active Directory training address those that intend to implement a PKI solution.
Basic understanding of Active Directory administration and system security.
Manuals and examples in e-format, best practises, sample files and tools.
Mastering PKI & Certificate Services ADCS in Windows, course objective
During this PKI and Active Directory training you will learn how to plan, install and manage PKI and ADCS in your own environment.
After completing this hands-on PKI and Active Directory training, you will be able to:
- Describe PKI and the major components of a PKI.
- Design a certification authority (CA) hierarchy to meet business requirements.
- Install Certificate Services to create a CA hierarchy.
- Perform certificate management tasks, CA management tasks, and plan for disaster recovery of Certificate Services.
- Create and publish a certificate template, and replace an existing certificate template.
- Enroll a certificate manually, auto-enroll a certificate, and enroll a smart card certificate.
- Implement key archival and recovery in ADCS.
- Configure trust between organizations by configuring and implementing qualified subordination.
- Deploy smart cards in a Windows environment.
- Secure a Web environment by implementing SSL security and certificate-based authentication for Web applications.
- Implementing and managing Certificate based BitLocker Data Recovery
- Implement and use code signing
Mastering PKI & Certificate Services ADCS in Windows, course outline
Overview of Public Key Infrastructure
- Introduction to PKI
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Certificates and Certification Authorities
Designing a Certification Authority Hierarchy
- Identifying CA Hierarchy Design Requirements
- Common CA Hierarchy Designs
- Documenting Legal Requirements
- Analyzing Design Requirements
- Designing a CA Hierarchy Structure
- Identifying Applications and Certificate Holders
- Identifying Technical and Business Requirements
- Designing a CA Hierarchy
Creating a Certification Authority Hierarchy
- Configuring CAPolicy.inf
- Creating an Offline CA
- Validating Certificates
- Planning CRL Publication
- Defining CRL and AIA Publication Settings
- Publishing the CRL and AIA Information
- Validating the PKI Health of your CA Hierarchy
Managing a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Introduction to PKI Management
- Managing Certificates
- Managing Certification Authorities
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
- Role Separation
- Restricting Certificate Managers
- Enabling Certificate Services Auditing
Configuring Certificate Templates
- Introduction to Certificate Templates
- Designing and Creating a Certificate Template
- Publishing a Certificate Template
- Managing Changes in a Certificate Template
- Delegating Certificate Template Administration Permissions
- Superseding a Certificate Template
Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- Introduction to Certificate Enrollment
- Enrolling Certificates Manually
- Autoenrolling Certificates
Key Archival and Recovery
- Introduction to Key Archival and Recovery
- Implementing Key Archival and Recovery
PKI Trust Between Organizations
- Introduction to Advanced PKI Hierarchies
- Qualified Subordination Concepts
- Configuring Constraints in a Policy.inf File
- Implementing Qualified Subordination
Deploying Smart Cards
- Introduction to Smart Cards
- Enrolling Smart Card Certificates
- Deploying Smart Cards
- Smart Card Enrollment Agent Requests
- Planning for Re-enrollment
Securing Web Traffic by Using SSL
- Introduction to SSL Security
- Enabling SSL on a Web Server
- Implementing Certificate-based Authentication
- Certificate Mapping in Active Directory
- Certificate Mapping in IIS
Configuring BitLocker Recovery
- Introduction to BitLocker Recovery
- Configuring BitLocker recovery
- Recovering BitLocker volumes
- Introduction to Code Signing
- Implementing code signing templates
- Managing trusted publishers