This is a training for the experienced SharePoint end-user, that want to learn more about SharePoint (2013/2016 or online). Today, you may be a power user, maybe a web editor or program leader, that utilize SharePoint for collaboration, and information sharing. You will get an overview of the new apps, like MS Teams, MS Planner, Unified Groups, Modern Team Sites, and Staffhub.
This training will give your hands-on experience on how to build smart “applications” in SharePoint, using standard functionality, and other MS Office products, like Excel, Visio and Access. You will learn how to build workflows with SharePoint Designer, creating smarter web forms, and how to secure important documents like contracts. All of this without external applications, or visual studio coding – We call this a NOCODE training, so you don’t have to be a developer to build these smart SharePoint applications.
Experienced SharePoint users, like site owners & administrators, power users, HelpDesk/Support personnel, and managers that will understand what you can do without custom coding.
At least 1 year experience of SharePoint user features. Basic understanding lists, libraries, and their columns and list views. Basic understanding of permissions.
The book: “Beginning SharePoint - Building Business Solutions without code”, plus PPT presentations and laborations.
- Quick repetition of basic features
- Understand difference between SharePoint versions, including online.
- Understanding Sites, Site collections, and Site pages
- Introduction to Content Types
- What is MS Teams, Unified Groups (O365 Groups), MS Planner and Staffhub?
Building List & Library Solutions
- Understand the default lists and library features
- Creating custom lists
- Understand important configuration settings
- Introduction to Workflows
- Understand the parts of a workflow
- Connection to lists and libraries
- Workflow history
Working with content types
- Creating Office Templates with content types
- Configuring content type settings
- How to use content types In multiple site collections
Working with Web Parts
- What is web parts
- Configuring common web parts, like Content Query, and Relevant Documents
- Export & Import of web parts
- Understand Permission settings
- What is SharePoint Groups and Permission Levels
- What can be controlled by permissions
- How to check permissions
Working with BI Features
- Basics in Excel Services in SharePoint
- How to create BI Center site
- Possible extensions and connections to external sources
- Visio Services in SharePoint
Working with web forms
- What options are the to create forms I SharePoint
- Understanding MS InfoPath
- The building blocks in MS InfoPath
- Publishing forms to SharePoint
Working with MS Access
- What is MS Access Services in SharePoint
- Understanding basic features
- How to build SharePoint applications with MS Access
- Building forms with MS Access
Other features the course covers:
- Social Features
- Managing legal documents with Record Center
- Understand how to design web pages
- Basics about Web Content Management
- Smarter Search features