After the course the participants know how to read, change and implement Bash shell scripts.
The course targets system administrators and programmers working in Unix/Linux environment. The participant should have the basic knowledge of the target operating system and also be familiar with character based text editor (vi, emacs).
BASH-shell in Linux course content
- Bash modes of operation
- Linux process model and shell
- Environment variables
- Stdin, stdout, stderr, file redirection
- Executable files – scripts
- Variables, predefined variables
- Quotations, capturing subshell outputs
- Reading input from user
- Arithmetics, let statement
- Control structs: if, case
- Loops: for, while, until
- Bash debugging and some pitfalls
Course begins at 9.00 and ends at 16.-16.30. Breakfast is served from 8.30 onwards.