Designed for students with previous NetScaler experience, this course is best suited for individuals who will be deploying or managing NetScaler environments.
Delegates must have previously attended CNS-222 Citrix NetScaler Essentials and Unified Gateway OR CNS-207 Implementing Citrix NetScaler 11 for App and Desktop Solutions
Learn the skills required to configure and manage NetScaler Citrix Traffic Management features, including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Global Server Load Balancing. At the end of the course, students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address efficient traffic switching and resilience requirements including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Disaster Recovery.
This course is based on version 11 of the Citrix NetScaler product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
Students interested in learning how to implement and manage NetScaler features using leading practices. Specifically:
- Implementers / Engineers
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Required pre-requisite course:
Recommended pre-requisite course:
In preparation, students should also gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Basic Networking
- Windows and Linux Server administration
- TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and the OSI model
- Server load balancing and content switching concepts
- Web server software
- DNS, SSL and compression concepts
- Network security threats and site protection concepts
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
AppExpert Classic Policy Engine
- Understand the basics of the NetScaler classic policy engine.
- Describe the NetScaler content-filtering feature and how to configure it.
AppExpert Default Policy Engine
- Describe Default Policy including basic components.
- Discuss the syntax of Default Policy expression.
- Utilize Actions in policy expression evaluation.
- Distinguish key attributes of policy binding and bind types.
- Construct and manage Default Policies with AppExpert.
Rewrite, Responder, and URL Transform
- Describe what the Rewrite feature of NetScaler does and explain how it works.
- Discuss the functionality of Responder policies and how to configure them.
- Apply the benefits of using URL Transformation.
- Explain Content Switching and how it works.
- Discuss the importance of a Content-Switching VServer.
- Distinguish what Content-Switching policies are and how to use them.
- Understand what rule precedence is and the way it affects policies.
- Implement traffic compression in a NetScaler environment.
- Understand the benefits of caching in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Front End Optimization to render the web browser more efficient.
Global Server Load Balancing
- Describe the Global Server Load Balancing feature.
- Deploy Domain Name System to support GSLB.
- Implement GSLB in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Content Switching to implement GSLB.
- Understand GSLB Metric Exchange Protocol and Monitoring.
- Customize the GSLB Configuration.
- Understand the NetScaler Clustering feature.
- Identify methods for managing and configuring a NetScaler Cluster.
- Discuss options for troubleshooting the NetScaler Cluster
Please note: this course is currently under development by Citrix. Anticipated release is September. Please call for further information or to register interest