Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration training course provides the foundation necessary for administrators to effectively centralize and manage applications in the datacenter and instantly deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Learners will receive training for installing and configuring Citrix XenApp 6.5, Citrix Receiver and plug-ins, as well as for using administrative consoles and tools to configure resources, policies, server and farm settings, printers, virtualized applications and more.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network and systems administrators familiar with Microsoft Windows environments, including Windows 2008 R2 administrators interested in becoming a XenApp administrator. Existing XenApp administrators or systems engineers interested in updating their XenApp skills, receiving Citrix authorized training on XenApp 6.5, or achieving certification for XenApp 6.5 are ideal candidates. Systems engineers, sales engineers, analysts, consultants and architects also are also appropriate candidates for this course.
This course is offered as a classroom or self-paced online training course and can include virtual labs or classroom discussion, as well as demonstrations and the practical application of concepts through hands on exercises.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners have the following:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or enterprise database servers
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Familiarity with application virtualization technologies, such as Citrix application streaming or Microsoft App-V
- Basic understanding of Windows Server networking concepts, such as DNS, IIS®, load balancing, and file and printing services
- Exposure to basic system administration concepts, including logging, software upgrade procedures and high availability operations
- Familiarity with server monitoring tools
- Basic understanding of VPN concepts, including SSL encryption and certificates