Get more value out of your XenApp and XenDesktop investment through the use of Workspace Environment Management, Provisioning Services, Application Layering, and advanced features. You’ll leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-zone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, and HDX. You’ll gain the skills to improve logon times, user personalization, and resource performance through Workspace Environment Management. Also, learn to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and combining App Layers. End the course by learning to install, configure, and manage Provisioning Services in accordance with leading practices.
Is this course for you?
Built for experienced IT Professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects responsible for the end user workspace, provisioning services environment, and overall health and performance of the solution.
Citrix Versions Covered:
This course is currently on XenApp, XenDesktop, and Provisioning Services 7.15.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Strong foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x. Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course: CXD-210 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration.
What you’ll learn:
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- Understand Zones in XenApp and XenDesktop and how to account for user and desktop locations and optimal connection and registration
- How to build and manage App Layers to minimize ,image sprawl with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Understand and configure HDX channels and protocols for improved performance delivering multimedia and data over network connections
- Understand Provisioning Services architecture and install and configure Provisioning Services, vDisks and Target Devices
Module 1: Intermediate Site Architecture
- FMA Services
- SQL database connectivity and security
- Multi-zone VDA registration
- Zone preference
Module 2: Workspace Environment Management (WEM) (Extended Module)
- Introduction to WEM
- Optimizing resource consumption on VDA hosts
- Managing the end-user experience with WEM
- Moving to WEM
Module 3: StoreFront Optimization and Routing
- User experience optimizations
- StoreFront branding
- Optimal Gateway routing and Zones
- Subscription Store
Module 4: HDX and Multimedia
- HDX in the network
- Enlightened Data Protocol (EDT)
- Multimedia delivery and redirection
- Delivering Skype for Business with XenApp and XenDesktop
Module 5: App Layering (Full day module)
- App Layering Introduction
- Layering Architecture
- Creating Layers
- App Layering Maintenance
Module 6: Supporting and Troubleshooting
- Session Launchs
Module 7: Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services
- Getting started with Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
Module 8: Provisioning Services Infrastructure
- The PVS server role
- The Farm database
- The vDisk Store
Module 9: Streaming the vDisk
- Introduction to vDisks
- Machine preparation
- Streaming vDisks
- Boot methods
Module 10: Target Devices
- Introduction to target devices
- Data I/O
- Handling persistent and non-persistent data
Module 11: Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Device Collections
- Published Apps and Desktops
- Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
Module 12: Provisioning Services Redundancy
- Farm component redundancy
- Store redundancy
- Database redundancy
Module 13: Supporting Provisioning Services
- Performing updates
- Auditing and support
- vDisk imaging
- Migrating vDisks images
All Citrix courses that align to certification come with a “free” exam voucher. Delegates attending Citrix courses must have a Citrix TCC (training.citrix.com) account, this is where you access your e-courseware and labs.
On completion of the course Citrix will automatically provision the delegate’s TCC account with an electronic Pearson Vue exam voucher which is valid for 12 months from point of issue.