Why you should take this course:
We are used to data protection being the realm of digital security experts, encryption and the IT department. The GDPR places the responsibility of privacy squarely in the hands of everyone in the organisation. From Marketing and Sales, IT and HR, all the way up to the boardroom.
The reach will also be global, not just restricted to the European Economic Area. Wherever you are in the world, if you are collecting or processing data on anyone in the EU, you will need a strategy. And that’s not just EU citizens, but anyone located in the EU, including travelling on business and tourists, regardless of their nationality or residence.
Even though the consequences for businesses are profound and far-reaching, a recent YouGov survey revealed that over 70% of businesses have yet to start preparing for the GDPR.
5 key benefits for taking this course:
Prepare staff or individuals at all levels of the professional scale
The GDPR is explained in simple and straightforward language
The course contains practical first steps in complying with the GDPR
All the GDPR roles and terms are identified and explained
Our online training courses are designed with mobility and accessibility in mind. You can access your training from any desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
Key features of this course:
Understand the practical first steps in getting compliant with the GDPR
Instant 6 months access
3 hours of course material
Quizzes and revision modules
Certificate of completion
24/7 Tutor support
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Drawn from the articles and recitals of the regulation itself, as well as the latest information from supervisory authorities (such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)) and the Article 29 Working Party (WP29), this e-Learning course concentrates the latest guidance from disparate sources in one online location.
There are 13 lessons covering the essential topics of the GDPR, such as the Rights of the Data Subject, Privacy Notices and Subject Access Requests (SARs). Each lesson concludes with a brief quiz to check your understanding before you move on.
• Contains the latest guidance from supervisory authorities and the Article 29 Working Party
• Accessible and relevant to all levels of the professional scale
• Contains practical first steps in getting compliant with the GDPR
• Combines text, external links, quizzes, animations and presenter videos
• Mobile friendly: adapts to your phone or tablet
• Lesson 1: Introduction
• Lesson 2: Why Change?
• Lesson 3: The Basics
• Lesson 4: Personal Data
• Lesson 5: The Roles
• Lesson 6: GDPR Principles
• Lesson 7: The Data Subject’s Rights
• Lesson 8: The Lawful Bases for Processing
• Lesson 9: Privacy Notices
• Lesson 10: Privacy by Design and the Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
• Lesson 11: Data Breaches and Notification
• Lesson 12: Subject Access Requests (SARs)
• Lesson 13: Your First Steps
The course is valid for 6 months after activation. Please indicate in the additional information section of the ordering form when you approx. would like to start.