The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a delegate has sufficient knowledge of the contents and high level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, and understands at a foundation level how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organization.
You will sit your foundation exam on the last day of this course.
Possession of the Foundation Certificate is also one of the possible pre-requisites for the Practitioner qualification.
This qualification is aimed at staff working within an ITSM service provider organization that requires a basic understanding of the standard. It is equally relevant for those working within service providers who are already certified to ISO/IEC 20000 or those considering its implementation.
There is no pre-requisite for the Foundation qualification but knowledge of the basic principles of IT service management would be an advantage.
APMG mandate that proof of ID is required from all delegates prior to taking the exam.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The scope and purpose of Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5 of ISO/IEC 20000 and how these can be used
- The key terms and definitions used
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements
- Applicability and scope definition requirements
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology
- The operation of the APMG certification scheme
- The relationship with best practices, ITIL , and related standards, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001
- Overview of ISO/IEC 20000
- The schemes available for certifcation and qualification
- Compatibility of the SMS with other management system standards
- Terms and definitions
- The SMS, and the concepts, responsibilities, requirements and processes needed to confirm
- The Deming cycle
- An understanding of the concepts and requirements of each process defined within ISO/IEC 20000