Why you should take this course:
Released in Q4 2015, The Open Group’s IT4IT standard is a prescriptive reference architecture for managing the business of IT. Utilizing the value chain concept, the IT4IT standard supports the essential principle of running IT like a business.
Although this course does not itself lead to any formal qualification or accreditation, it will put you in good shape to consider engaging in Good e-Learning's fully accredited IT4IT Foundation course, available self-paced and online. This course is designed to brief you on the IT4IT standard in as much detail as YOU deem appropriate.
Completing section one will give you a good idea of what the standard is, and why it is important. If you require more technical detail, you can continue to section two, which really gets into the nuts and bolts of the IT4IT reference architecture. Section three offers a much closer look at the potential benefits of employing the IT4IT standard, and in section four you will have the opportunity to further investigate the benefits of the standard according to your role in the organization.
At points during this IT4IT Awareness course, you will be asked questions that will help you retain your knowledge of the IT4IT standard, and to help you think about what you have learned, and how it might’ve changed the way you think about your work environment. Knowledge checks appear at the end of each topic, and there is a comprehensive quiz at the end of the course.
Students who complete this course will be able to:
Explain the problem that the IT4IT Reference Architecture is resolving
Understand the key demands & drivers for changing the current IT function (to become a service broker & integrator), and hence the importance of IT4IT
Understand at a high level the IT4IT Standard, the IT4IT Value Streams and the IT4IT Reference Architecture
Understand the positioning of the IT4IT Standard versus other standards (such as ITIL), and understand how IT4IT is complementary to them
Key features of this course:
Introduce yourself, your team, or organization to the IT4IT Standard
Instant 6 months access
6 hours of course material
Quizzes and revision modules
Certificate of completion
24/7 Tutor support
WHAT IS THE IT4IT STANDARD
The IT4IT standard consists of a formal IT operating model, based on the value chain approach, known as the IT Value Chain, and a three-level functional reference architecture encompassing four major IT value streams.
Applying value chain thinking to your operations allows you to see where your
weaknesses are, where the bottlenecks are and where your greatest opportunities are to improve. It gives you prescriptive guidance on how to manage your service models and lifecycles, and what kind of systems to put in place.
10 REASONS TO IMPLEMENT THE IT4IT STANDARD
• More successful projects
• Improved stewardship and control of IT Investments by linking investments in IT to business drivers and business benefits
• Improved selection and prioritization of projects and IT initiatives, highlighting those that provide the highest business value
• The faster delivery of fixes or patches to resolve production problems
• Reduced development and maintenance cost due to better control on customizations and configuration changes
• Better quality of software due to improved communication and collaboration with stakeholders, leading to...
• ...Improved customer experience and satisfaction
• Faster delivery of requested services with fewer errors
• Fewer unplanned/ad hoc activities or emergency changes
• Less need for users to call the service desk, and reduced support costs, by providing self-service and self-help capabilities to the user community
The course is valid for 6 months after activation. Please indicate in the additional information section of the ordering form when you approx. would like to start.