The ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services.
If you are new to ITIL and IT Service Management, then taking your ITIL Foundation training with QA now gives all this:
- FREE ITIL Foundation eLearning with every ITIL Foundation 3-day classroom course - to help you prepare for the course, revise for the exam and refresh your knowledge after the course.
- FREE ITIL App for your Smartphone - including all the key syllabus areas and video tutorials to help you prepare on the move.
- Guaranteed exam pass with FREE exam insurance* - peace of mind that you will gain this valuable certification
- 3 months Post course tutor support - expert advice and mentoring while you gain confidence back in the workplace
- More details available here
The course culminates in an optional one-hour multiple-choice examination for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The exam is multi-choice. There are 40 questions to be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 26 correct answers from 40 (65%). This course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification / re certification.
This course is aimed at all levels of IT professionals, Customers, and Users involved in the provision or receipt of IT Services.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Pre-Course Reading:
- Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course by email. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that delegates spend 2 hours working through the pre-reading.
- If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager or the QA Examination Administration team on 44 (0)1793 696273.
- BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website.
If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
- Service Management as a Practice
- The Service Lifecycle
- Key Principles and Models
- Generic Concepts
- Technology and Architecture
- ITIL Qualification Scheme
The course covers the fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) core volumes which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those core volumes are: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement
The course is comprised of lecture sessions, hands on exercises which reinforce the knowledge gained and practice examinations. Those delegates taking the certificate exam on the final day will need to plan to spend 90-120 minutes each evening on revision and example examination questions.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS.