At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Design and manage features and solutions.
- Develop code for custom server-side components.
- Manage and customize authentication and authorization.
- Create custom sites and lists and manage the site lifecycle.
- Explain the capabilities and design choices for SharePoint apps.
- Use the client-side object model and the REST API.
- Develop provider-hosted and auto-hosted SharePoint apps.
- Distribute and deploy SharePoint apps.
- Create custom workflows to automate business processes.
- Use fields and content types to manage taxonomy.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of user interface elements.
- Customize navigation and site branding.
Module 1: SharePoint as a Developer Platform
This module examines different approaches that can be used to develop applications with SharePoint Server 2013 the scenarios in which each approach might be appropriate.
- Introducing the SharePoint Developer Landscape
- Choosing Approaches to SharePoint Development
- Understanding SharePoint 2013 Deployment and Execution Models
Lab : Comparing Web Parts and App Parts
- Creating and Deploying a SharePoint Web Part
- Creating and Deploying a SharePoint App Part
Module 2: Working with SharePoint Objects
This module introduces the server-side SharePoint object model and how the core classes relate to sites and collections. The server-side SharePoint object model provides a core set of classes that represent different items in the logical architecture of a SharePoint deployment. Delegates also learn how manage permissions for server-side code.
- Understanding the SharePoint Object Hierarchy
- Working with Sites and Webs
- Working with Execution Contexts
Lab : Working with Sites and Webs
- Working with Sites and Webs in Managed Code
- Working with Sites and Webs in Windows PowerShell.
Lab : Working with Execution Contexts
- Running Code with Elevated Privileges
- Adapting Content for Different User Permissions
Module 3: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module explains how to interact with lists and libraries. Delegates learn about how to work with lists and libraries programmatically using the server-side SharePoint object model and how to use query classes and LINQ to SharePoint to query and retrieve data from SharePoint lists. Delegates also learn how to efficiently work with lists that contain large numbers of items.
- Using List and Library Objects
- Querying and Retrieving List Data
- Working with Large Lists
Lab : Querying and Retrieving List Data
- Querying List Items
- Updating List Items
Lab : Working with Large Lists
Module 4: Designing and Managing Features and Solutions
This module examines creating and deploying custom Developing a SharePoint solutions and features. The delegates also learn how and when to use sandbox solutions.
- Working with Features
- Deploying Solutions
- Working with Sandboxed Solutions
Lab : Working with Farm Solutions
- Create a Farm Solution
- Create a Feature
- Upgrade a Solution
Lab : Working with Sandboxed Solutions
Module 5: Working with Server-Side Code
This module describes how to develop and deploy Web Parts and event receivers in a solution.
- Developing Web Parts
- Using Event Receivers
- Using Timer Jobs
- Storing Configuration Data
Lab : Working with Server-Side Code
- Developing an Event Receiver
- Updating a Web Part
- Creating a Timer Job
Module 6: Managing Identity and Permissions
This module describes how manage permissions through code and customize authentication using custom claims providers.
- Understanding Identity Management in SharePoint 2013
- Managing Permissions in SharePoint 2013
- Configuring Forms-Based Authentication
- Customizing the Authentication Experience
Lab : Managing Permissions Programmatically in SharePoint 2013
Lab : Creating and Deploying a Custom Claims Provider
- Creating a Custom Claims Provider
- Supporting Search and Resolve in a Claims Provider
- Deploying and Testing a Claims Provider
Module 7: Managing Custom Components and Site Lifecycles
This module discusses planning and organizing sites and lists. The delegates also learn how to create custom component definitions and templates.
- Component Overview
- Defining Custom Lists
- Defining Custom Sites
- Managing SharePoint Sites
Lab : Managing Custom Components and Site Lifecycles
- Creating a Site Definition
- Creating a List Definition
- Developing an Event Receiver
- Manage the SharePoint site lifecycle
Module 8: Introducing Apps for SharePoint
This module introduces the SharePoint App, a new way to customize SharePoint functionality with SharePoint Server 2013.
- Overview of Apps for SharePoint
- Developing Apps for SharePoint
Lab : Creating a Site Suggestions App
- Creating a New SharePoint App
- Using the Client-Side Object Model
Module 9: Client-Side SharePoint Development
- Creating List Relationships
- Add Vote Recording
- Display Votes for Each Suggestion
Module 10: Developing Remote Hosted SharePoint Apps
This module examines the difference between provider hosted Apps and Remote Hosted Apps. The delegates will also create and deploy a Provider Hosted App.
- Overview of Remote Hosted Apps
- Configuring Remote Hosted Apps
- Developing Remote Hosted Apps
Lab : Configuring a Provider Hosted SharePoint App
- Configuring An Server to Server Trust Relationship
- Creating a Provider Hosted App
Lab : Developing a Provider Hosted SharePoint App
- Working with SharePoint Data
- Using the Chrome Control
Module 11: Publishing and Distributing Apps
This module introduces the App Catalog so users to locate, purchase, and install apps easily. The delegates learn how to package and publish Apps to the App Catalog.
- Understanding the App Management Architecture
- Understanding App Packages
- Publishing Apps
- Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling Apps
Lab : Publishing an App to a Corporate Catalog
- Creating an App Catalog
- Creating an App Package
- Publishing an App Package
Lab : Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling Apps
- Installing an App
- Upgrading an App
- Removing an App
Module 12: Automating Business Processes
This module explains how to create workflows and workflow actions using Visio 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio 2012.
- Understanding Workflow in SharePoint 2013
- Building Workflows by using Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013
- Developing Workflows in Visual Studio 2012
Lab : Building Workflows in Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013
- Creating Workflows by Using Visio
- Editing Workflows by Using SharePoint Designer
Lab : Creating Workflow Actions in Visual Studio 2012
- Creating Custom Workflow Actions
- Using a Custom Workflow in SharePoint Designer
Module 13: Managing Taxonomy
This module explains the importance of a good taxonomy in SharePoint and working with the components of the taxonomy. The delegates also see how to tie event receivers to the taxonomy.
- Managing Taxonomy in SharePoint 2013
- Working with Content Types
- Working with Advanced Features of Content Types
Lab : Working with Content Types
Lab : Working with Advanced Features of Content Types
- Creating an Event Receiver Assembly
- Registering an Event Receiver with a Site Content Type
Module 14: Customizing User Interface Elements
This module explains different ways of customizing the SharePoint user interface, such as adding buttons to the ribbon or modifying the appearance of list views.
- Working with Custom Actions
- Using Client-Side User Interface Components
- Customizing the SharePoint List User Interface
Lab : Using the Edit Control Block to Launch an App
- Configuring an App to Display Customer Orders
- Use a Custom Action to Launch an App
Lab : Using jQuery to Customize the SharePoint List User Interface
Module 15: Working with Branding and Navigation
- Creating and Applying Themes
- Branding and Designing Publishing Sites
- Tailoring Content to Platforms and Devices
- Configuring and Customizing Navigation
Lab : Branding and Designing Publishing Sites
- Creating SharePoint Master Pages
- Building Master Page Functionality
- Publishing and Applying Design Assets
Lab : Configuring Farm-Wide Navigation
This course may be available for you to purchase through the Microsoft Software Assurance voucher scheme. To book courses using vouchers please call our sales team on 0345 757 3888. Or for more information on claiming vouchers you can speak to our dedicated Software Assurance administration team on 01753 898 351.