The ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate Course is a three-day course developing the skills of a test automation engineer (TAE) in designing, developing, and maintaining test automation solutions. The course prepares you to take ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Certificate exam.
An Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer can:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
This 3-day course is appropriate for professionals in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, software developers, and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate. This course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software test automation, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
The certification is aimed at professionals who are working within a tool supported software testing environment. It is also for professionals who are planning to start working within a tool supported software testing environment in the future, or are working within companies that plan to do so.
To take the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate candidates must hold the ISTQB/BCS Foundation certificate. There are no prerequisites for participating in the course without taking the exam.
This training prepares you for the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer examination. People possessing an ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate may use the Certified Tester Advanced Level acronym: CTAL-TAE.
The (optional) ISTQB Advanced Level certification test is organized around two weeks after the training, the specific time is agreed with the training participants. Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 220 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination. Please mention in your enrollment if you wish to take the exam.
The training material is in English.
This course addresses the official ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus - Test Automation Engineer.
The course includes exercises and practice exams to highlight key aspects of the syllabus and to help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented.
Objectives of Test Automation Training Course
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
Methods described are generally applicable across variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g., agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g., embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
Content of ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation training
Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
- Purpose of Test Automation
- Success Factors in Test Automation
Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA Design
- TAS Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
ISTQB Test Automation Engineer Certificate Examination
- This course provides the knowledge and skills to take the 90 minutes multiple choice ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate exam. The (optional) ISTQB certification test is organized around two weeks after the training. The exact time of the test is agreed separately with the participants.
- Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 220 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.
- Please mention in the "additional information" field of the enrollment form if you want to participate in the certification test.
Schedule of ISTQB Test Automation Engineer Certificate training
The training days are 9.00 am - 4.30 pm, morning coffee available from 8.30 am.
Training card in ISTQB Test Automation training
Those who pay with Tieturi's training card will be charged 90 € + vat. for the material.
This ISTQB accredited training is presented by Grove Software Testing Ltd.