This hands‑on course will provide training and lab work to support application development fundamentals in ServiceNow. Attendees will build an award‑winning loaner equipment application by working through a checklist of considerations for application creation, including decisions such as creating an application table vs. extending an existing table, and determining how users will interact with the application.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Scripting in ServiceNow
Following this course, ServiceNow recommends that attendees have at least two to three months of hands‑on experiences with ServiceNow before attempting the Certification Exam.
Further details regarding this exam, including an exam blueprint, can be found on the Certified Application Developer page. Successful candidates will be awarded a “ServiceNow Certified Application Developer” certificate.
Detailed labs that reinforce good practices in these areas support the topics covered in class:
- Design an application table: to extend or not to extend?
- Create and implement forms and views for a positive user experience
- Manage application business logic with scripts
- Consider mobile users in application design
- Control access to the application and its records
- Send notifications to stakeholders and collaborators
- Use Flow Designer to automate applications
- Integrate to ServiceNow and to public web services
- Use the Service Catalog to provide access to applications
- Test the application manually and automatically
- Use the Application Repository to install/uninstall applications