Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Administration
Students will learn to build and combine App Layers to optimize management of your app and desktop images and to implement Workspace Environment Management to improve logon times, centralize user settings management, and optimize the performance of machines.
In the advanced troubleshooting section, students will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health and how to solve issues more effectively. They will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-location environments with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, Cloud Connectors, and HDX.
Designed to learn how to set up scalability, redundancy and security configurations. You will learn advance features to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and combining App Layers and Workspace Environment
Management, which can improve logon times, centralize user settings management, optimize the performance of machines running the Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA).
In the advanced troubleshooting section, you will learn techniques to investigate many of the commonissues that can affect environment health. You’ll leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions
such as multizone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, and HDX.
Is this course for me?
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
- How to implement advanced administration concepts such as backups, disaster recovery, scalability and redundancy consideration for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 Site
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- App Layering skills such as how to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7. Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course: CWS-215 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud.
Backup, recovery and security considerations and configurations
Module 1: Implementing Redundancy and Scalability
- StoreFront and Citrix Gateway
- Site Infrastructure
- Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
Module 2: Managing a Virtual Apps and Desktops Environment with Multiple Locations Zones
- VDA Registration in a Multi-Zone Environment
- Zone Preference
- Optimal Gateway Routing and Zones
- Managing StoreFront Store Subscriptions in a Multi-Location Environment
- StoreFront and Citrix ADC Branding
Module 3: Implementing Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Considerations
- Disaster Recovery Process
Module 4: Implementing Advanced Authentication Methods
- Multi-factor Authentication - RADIUS & OTP
- Multi-factor Authentication - Smart Card Authentication
- Federated Authentication - ADFS, SAML, and FAS
Module 5: Improving App and Data Security
- Introduction to Application Security
- Preventing Jailbreak Attacks
- Minimizing the Impact of Attacks
Module 6: Securing Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
- TLS to VDA Encryption
- GPOs and Citrix Policies
- Image Management
Troubleshooting techniques and tools
Module 7: Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Methodology Process (Standard Slide)
- Resource Tools and Utilities
- Introduction to PowerShell
Module 8: Troubleshooting Access Issues
- Troubleshooting StoreFront
- Troubleshooting Citrix Gateway
Module 9: Troubleshooting Delivery Controller Issues
- Validating FMA Services
Module 10: Troubleshooting VDA Registration Issues
- Troubleshooting VDA Registration
Module 11: Troubleshooting HDX Connection Issues
- Troubleshooting HDX Connections
Module 12: Introduction to App Layering
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
Module 13: Creating an OS Layer
- The OS Layer
Module 14: Creating a Platform Layer
- The Platform Layer
Module 15: Creating App Layers
- The App Layers
Module 16: Creating Elastic App and User Layers
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
Module 17: Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
Using Templates in App Layering
Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
Module 18: Exploring Layer Priority
- Layer Priority
Module 19: Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
Workspace Environment Management (WEM) considerations and configuration
Module 20: Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
Module 21: Using WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
Module 22: Using WEM for Performance Optimization
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
Module 23: Using WEM to Secure Environments
- WEM Security Features
Module 24: Migrating and Upgrading WEM
- Migrating to WEM
- Upgrading a WEM Deployment
- WEM Multi-Location Considerations