Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Configuration
Designed for experienced IT professionals this course builds on the foundational implementation and management skills introducing scalability, redundancy, and security configurations.
You will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health and how to solve issues more effectively in the advanced troubleshooting section. You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-location environments with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, and HDX.
Product Versions Covered: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203 LTSR.
- How to implement advanced administration concepts such as backups, disaster recovery, scalability and redundancy for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7.
- Security considerations and configurations for Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 site including multi-site management using zones.
Strong foundational knowledge of:
- Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Active Directory, Policies, Profiles, Networking and Hypervisors.
- Previous administrative experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment and Administration
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Configuration
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Deployments - Advanced Configuration
Module 2: Planning: Redundancy and Scalability
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Redundancy and Scalability
- StoreFront and Citrix Gateway Redundancy and Scalability
- Site Infrastructure Redundancy and Scalability
- Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
Module 3: Planning: Virtual Apps and Desktops Environment with Multiple Locations
- VDA Registration in a Multi-Zone Environment
- Zone Preference
- Optimal Gateway Routing and Zones
- StoreFront Resource Aggregation
- Managing StoreFront Store Subscriptions in a
- Multi-Location Environment
Module 4: Planning: Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Considerations
- Disaster Recovery Process
Module 5: Planning: Advanced Authentication Methods
- Multi-factor Authentication - RADIUS and One Time Passwords (OTP)
- Multi-factor Authentication – Smart Card Authentication
- Federated Authentication
Module 6: Planning: App and Data Security
- Introduction to Application Security
- Preventing Jailbreak Attacks
- Minimizing the Impact of Attacks
Module 7: Planning: Virtual Delivery Agent Security
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) Encryption
- Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Citrix Policies
- Image Management
Module 8: Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Resource Tools and Utilities
- Introduction to PowerShell
Module 9: Troubleshoot Access Issues
- Troubleshooting StoreFront
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway – Workflow and Troubleshooting Overview
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway - Troubleshooting Access and Authentication
- Citrix ADC and Citrix Gateway - Troubleshooting App/Desktop Launch
Module 10: Troubleshoot Delivery Controller Issues
- Validating FlexCast Management Architecture (FMA) Services
Module 11: Troubleshoot Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) Registration Issues
- Troubleshooting Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) Registration
Module 12: Troubleshoot HDX Connection Issues
- Troubleshooting HDX Connections