Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Assessment, Design and Advanced Configurations
This advanced 5-day training course teaches the design principles for creating a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtualization solution. In this training, you will also learn how to assess existing environments, explore different scenarios, and make design decisions based on business requirements.
This course covers the Citrix Consulting approach to design and covers the key design decisions through lectures, lab exercises, and interactive discussions. You will also learn about additional considerations and advanced configurations for multi-location solutions and disaster recovery planning. This training will help you prepare for the Citrix Certified Expert in Virtualization (CCE-V) exam.
This course is currently on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1906
Is this course for me?
Built for IT Professionals with significant experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as supporting infrastructure. If you are responsible
for the environment design and overall health, or are guiding others through the process (as a consultant), you should consider taking this training.
- Identify risks and areas for improvement in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment by assessing relevant information in an existing deployment
- Determine core Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops design decisions and align them to business requirements to achieve a practical solution
- Design a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops disaster recovery plan and understand different disaster recovery considerations
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
This course requires extensive experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as experience with Citrix Gateway and supporting infrastructure.
Module 1: Methodology & Assessment
- Business Drivers
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
Module 2: User Layer
- Endpoints & Peripherals
- Citrix Workspace App
- Network Connectivity
Module 3: Access Layer
- Access Matrix*
- Access Layer Architecture Design Considerations
- StoreFront Store Design
- Scalability and Redundancy
Module 4: Resource Layer - Images
- FlexCast Model Assignment*
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Scalability
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Security
- Provisioning Strategy / Image Management
Module 5: Resource Layer - Applications and Personalization
- Application Delivery
Module 6: Control Layer
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Design
- Machine Catalogs & Delivery Groups*
- Site Management Considerations
- Control Layer Scalability & High Availability
- Control Layer Security
Module 7: Hardware/Compute Layer
- Assessment Considerations for Hardware & Hypervisor Selection
- Cluster / Resource Pool Design
- Hardware / Compute Layer Sizing
- Datacenter Networking
Module 8: Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Multiple Location Considerations - Introduction
- Multiple Location Considerations - Access
- Multiple Location Considerations - Image Management
- Multiple Location Considerations - Profiles & Data
- Multiple Location Considerations - Printing
- Multiple Location Considerations - Control Layer
Module 9: Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Recovery - Levels
- Disaster Recovery - Strategy
- Disaster Recovery – Process
- *Optional content based on instructor crite