Citrix Workspace Environment Management Deployment and Administration
Designed for experienced IT professionals, you will discover why WEM is the go-to system optimization and logon optimization solution for a Citrix deployment's app and desktop workloads. You will learn how to plan, build, rollout, and manage on-premises WEM or WEM service and how to integrate it into Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops or Citrix DaaS.
You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage additional solutions and features in your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop or Citrix DaaS site.
Product Versions Covered: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR, WEM 2109
Install and initialize WEM and integrate into Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and Citrix DaaS.
Configure WEM features to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
Migrate an on-premises WEM deployment to WEM service.
Prerequisite KnowledgeStrong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 or Citrix DaaS Recommended: CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment and Administration OR CWS-250: Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
Module 1: Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- WEM Features and Benefits
Module 2: Planning – WEM Architecture and Component Communications
- WEM On-Premises Components and Deployments
- WEM Service Components and Deployments
- WEM Component Communication Workflows
Module 3: Planning - WEM On-Premises Deployment Installation
- On-Premises WEM: Leading Practice
- Installation Prerequisites and Steps
- On-Premises WEM: ADMX Template Configuration
- Choosing a Security Principal to run the WEM Infrastructure Service
- Creating the WEM Database
- Running the WEM Infrastructure Service Configuration Utility
- On-Premises WEM: Agent Installation
Module 4: Planning – WEM Service Deployment Installation
- WEM On-Premises vs WEM Service
- WEM Service: Leading Practice Installation Prerequisites and Steps
- WEM Service: ADMX Template Configuration
- WEM Service: Agent Installation
Module 5: Planning – WEM Consoles and Initial Setup
- On-Premises WEM and WEM Service Consoles
- WEM Initial Setup
- Migrating GPO settings to WEM
Module 6: Planning – WEM System and Log On Optimization
- WEM System Optimization Overview
- WEM CPU Management
- WEM Memory Management
- Additional System Optimization Features
- WEM Log On Optimization Overview
- WEM Assigned Actions
- WEM Environmental Settings
- Citrix Profile Management In WEM
Module 7: Planning – WEM Security and Lockdown Features
- WEM Security Management Features
- Privilege Elevation and Process Hierarchy Control
- WEM Transformer
Module 8: Planning - The WEM Agent
- WEM Settings Processing and WEM Agent Caches
- WEM Agent Integration with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and Citrix DaaS
Module 9: Planning – WEM Monitoring, Reporting, and Troubleshooting
- WEM Monitoring and Reporting
- WEM Agent Troubleshooting
- WEM Service Troubleshooting
Module 10: Planning – Upgrading WEM and Migration to WEM Service
- Upgrading Workspace Environment Management
- WEM On-Premises Migration to WEM Service
Module 11: Rolling Out a WEM Deployment
- WEM Agent User Options on Windows Desktops
Module 12: Managing a WEM Deployment
- Measuring WEM Success