The PECB CMMC Foundations training course allows you to learn more about the structure of the CMMC model including CMMC levels, domains, capabilities, processes, and practices. You will also gain basic knowledge related to the CMMC ecosystem, the CMMC assessment process and methodology, and the CMMC Code of Professional Conduct.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. A PECB Foundations certificate demonstrates that you comprehend the CMMC model, are able to interpret the requirements for specific CMMC levels, and have the basic knowledge to help an organization in implementing and managing the requirements of the CMMC model.
This training course allows you to:
- Understand the basic concepts, definitions, and approaches of the CMMC model
- Get acquainted with the CMMC maturity levels, domains, processes, and practices
- Develop a general understanding of how the CMMC model could be applied in the supply chain of the DoD and the DIB sector
There are no prerequisites to participate in this training course.
The PECB CMMC Foundations training course enables participants to understand the fundamental concepts and principles of the CMMC model.
This training course is intended for:
- Individuals interested in being part of the CMMC ecosystem
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the CMMC model
- Individuals interested in using the CMMC model
- Suppliers of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Industrial Base (DIB) and others seeking CMMC certification
This training course is participant centered and:
- Contains lecture sessions illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions
- Encourages interaction between participants by means of questions, suggestions, quizzes, etc.
- Includes quizzes which are a simulation of the questions of the final exam
The “PECB CMMC Foundations” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP) requirements. It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental concepts of the CMMC model, CMMC ecosystem, and code of professional conduct
- Domain 2: CMMC domains, processes, practices, and assessment process
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
Certification fees are included in the exam price.
Participants will be provided with the training course material containing over 200 pages of explanatory information and quizzes.
An attestation of course completion worth 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
In case of exam failure, candidates can retake the exam once for free within 12 months of the initial exam date.
The PECB CMMC Foundations credential is not approved by the CMMC-AB. It is a PECB credential that demonstrates the candidate's understanding and knowledge of the basic concepts of the CMMC model.