COBIT 2019 Foundation
COBIT 2019 Foundation course is designed for professionals with responsibilities for the governance and management of information and technology (ICT governance system). This two-day course highlights the concepts, models and key definitions of the COBIT framework and helps you to prepare to take the COBIT 2019 Foundation Exam.
You will study the principles and concepts of COBIT, and during the course you will design an initial version of a tailored governance system for your own organization. You will recognize and classify the most important governance objectives, service management capabilities and ITIL practices including activities, metrics, organizational structures, policies and competencies. The governance system is built by identifying more than 70 organization specific background factors based on COBIT 2019 guidance.
Brief introduction to COBIT 2019.
COBIT® is a registered trademark of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association® (ISACA®). This product includes COBIT® 2019, used by permission of ISACA®. ©2019 ISACA®. All rights reserved.
This training is designed for:
- IT Governance, Assurance, Risk, Compliance Managers
- Business Manager
- IT Managers
- Business and vendor partners, and IT Vendors
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Explain the key attributes of the COBIT framework
- Key attributes
- Product family
- Alignment with industry frameworks
- Compare the COBIT principles for governance system framework.
- Describe the components of a governance system:
- Governance and management objectives
- Components of the governance system
- Focus areas
- Design factors
- Goals cascade
- Describe the elements of governance and management objectives.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance.
COBIT 2019 Foundation -koulutuksen sisältö
- Enterprise Governance of Information and Technology
- COBIT as an I&T Framework
- COBIT Format and Product Architecture
- Major Differences between COBIT 5 and COBIT 2019
- COBIT and Other Standards
- Training and Certification
- Governance “System” Principles
- Governance “Framework” Principles
Governance Systems and Components
- Governance and Management Objectives
- Components of a Governance System
- Focus Areas
- Design Factors
- Goals Cascade
Governance and Management Objectives
- Overview of the COBIT Core Model
- Governance and Management Objectives Purpose Statements
- Governance and Management Objectives Related Guidance
- Performance Management Definition, Principles and Overview
- Managing Performance of Processes
- Managing Performance of Other Governance System Components
Designing a Tailored Governance System
- Introduction to designing a tailored governance system
- Impact of design factors
- Designing a tailored system
Getting Started with COBIT: Making the Case
- Making a Case for Getting Started
- Overview of the COBIT Business Case
Implementing Enterprise Governance Over IT
- Implementation Guide Purpose and Scope
- Implementation Steps
- Design Guide and Implementation Guide Relationships
COBIT 2019 Foundation certification test
You take the certification test online at your computer at the time most convenient to you. The COBIT 2019 Foundation exams are delivered by ISACA. Examination cost is included in the course price.
- Closed-book format
- Duration 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 75, simple multiple choice (1 mark per question)
- Pass Grade: 65%
The material and optional certification tests are in English. The training is run by an officially accredited trainer using an officially accredited training material. The training course is run in English or in Finnish - see info next to the training date.
Training days end at 16 - 16.30.
Those who pay with Tieturi training card will be charged 3 days. This includes the price of the certification test.
- Koulutus oli oikein hyvä!
- Kouluttaja oli asiansa osaava ja osasi hyvin johdattaa asioita teoriasta käytäntöön.