Developing Database on Microsoft SQL Server
This three-day instructor-led course provides students who wish to develop and maintain SQL Server databases Additionally, it will be of use to individuals who administer applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Target AudienceThe primary audience for this course is individuals who will develop and maintain SQL Server databases as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and Implement Tables.
- Describe advanced table designs
- Ensure Data Integrity through Constraints.
- Describe indexes, including Optimized and Columnstore indexes
- Design and Implement Views.
- Design and Implement Stored Procedures.
- Design and Implement User Defined Functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
Prerequisites In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge: Essential:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL. (equivalent knowledge to QATSQL and QATSQLPLUS)
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
Module 1 : SQL Development Overview Module 2: Designing and Implementing tables Module 3: Advanced table design Module 4: Constraints Module 5: Indexes Module 6: Views Module 7: Stored procedures Module 8: User defined functions Module 9: Triggers