Developing Microservice Applications with Springboot
This course is aimed at programmers who have a strong understanding of the Java programming language and want to take the next step by developing API-focused applications with Spring and Spring Boot. Those who take the course will gain a thorough understanding of the core concepts involved with REST and Spring Boot application development, and put these theoretical concepts into action via practical tutorials and problem solving-based exercises.
During this course, you will:
- Program and develop Spring Boot applications.
- Understand the usage and variations within Dependency Injection.
- Define the implementation of a multi-tier and microservice architecture.
- Create applications that utilise controllers and services.
- Gain an appreciation for the persistence layer within Spring Boot applications.
- Test Spring Boot applications.
Whilst this course has no strict pre-requisites, it is recommended that you have an understanding of basic programming concepts.
- A strong, practical understanding of Java and Maven programming
- A basic understanding of the Java Persistence API
- Experience with web development and databases (SQL)
- An understanding of basic API (REST) and Cloud concepts
- An Introduction to Spring and Spring Boot
- Creating a Hello World Application
- Dependency Injection
- RESTful API and Spring WEB
- Multi-Tier Architectures
- Spring Data and Connecting to a Database
- Testing and Monitoring
- Spring Cloud Projects
- Microservices and Cloud Computing
- Service Discovery