ICAgile – Agile Product Ownership (ICAPO) – Virtual
Do you work in areas where customer value is the primary measure of success?
Are you wanting to ensure you build the right products and services that align with your overall organisational strategy?
The ICAgile Product Owner (ICP-APO) certification is an Agile framework agnostic course that focuses on creating an entrepreneurial mind-set by exploring key Agile tools and techniques designed to emphasise customer value. It also looks at creating organisational and team environments conducive to frequent and transparent collaboration between the business and product delivery teams.
The learning outcomes highlight specific techniques and practices such as; lightweight requirements, prioritization methods, progressive elaboration, product/project road mapping, story mapping, effective user stories, and acceptance criteria.
Learners who complete this certification will gain an excellent foundation in value-based Agile solutions delivery for both products and services.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll earn the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Product Ownership (ICP-APO) certificate.
Relevant roles include; Business Analysts, Product Owners, Product Managers, Project Managers, Business Subject Matter Experts, Business Sponsors, or anyone aspiring to these roles.
Also, anyone with a curiosity about Agile approaches to value-driven delivery in both tech and non-tech environments will benefit from this certification.
- Responsibilities and attributes of the Product Ownership role
- Identify how the Product Ownership role maximises value
- Explain the different levels of Product Ownership from team to enterprise level
- Levels of accountability for Product Ownership from scribe to entrepreneur
- Appreciation of Critical Thinking, Systems Thinking and Design Thinking
- Apply Agile behaviours
- Describe, identify, communicate and measure value
- Stakeholder engagement and apply appropriate communication methods
- Organisational context
- The Product Vacuum
- Vision, epics, features and road maps
- Quality and the importance of done
- User stories and story mapping
- Configuration management in an Agile context
- Risk management in an Agile context
- Product validation
Learners will be expected to have a grasp of fundamental Agile concepts, some knowledge or experience of Product Ownership would be beneficial but not essential.
For virtual delivery, learners will require the use of WebEx and the ability to access boards on Miro.com
ICAgile Fundamentals is a recommended pre-requisite course.
During this three-day course, you will explore the ICAgile Product Owner theory and concepts while putting tools and techniques into action.
The learning experience is underpinned by a simulated business challenge, enabling you to practice the skills needed to become an effective (or more effective) Product Owner.
You will learn in a collaborative environment with one of QAs Agile expert trainers.
Throughout the course, you will develop your understanding of:
- Product Ownership and Value Management
- The roles and responsibilities involved in the Value Management Team
- Techniques for identifying value and defining product roadmap
- Techniques for stakeholder engagement
- User stories and user story mapping
- Techniques for requirements management and prioritisation methods
- Progressive elaboration
- Techniques for backlog management and progressive population of product features
- Acceptance criteria
As you progress through the course you will apply the tools and techniques individually and as part of a team. You capture your learning as you go, creating your own Product Owner artifacts, which will enable you to achieve the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Product Ownership (ICP-APO) certificate.
Certification is gained through attendance and full participation throughout the event.
The trainer will ask for an email address to be passed to ICAgile so that an electronic questionnaire about the event can be provided. Filling in this questionnaire is a prerequisite to receiving your accreditation.