ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Agile Tester
The ISTQB® Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT) certification course is a three-day course, providing a thorough introduction to the technical testing skills which are fundamental in organizations using an Agile development approach. These skills include testing and agile techniques, test automation approaches, and continuous deployment and delivery.
The course includes exercises and practice exams to highlight key aspects of the syllabus and to help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented.
Who will benefit?
This three-day course is aimed at people who wish to further develop their expertise in technical testing aspects in an agile context. The modules offered at the Advanced Level cover a wide range of testing topics.
People possessing an ISTQB Advanced Agile Technical Tester Certificate may use the Certified Tester acronym: CTAL-ATT.
The ISTQB Advanced Agile Technical Tester exam comprises 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% (42 out of a possible 64 points) to be completed within 90 minutes. Participants that take the exam not in their spoken language, will receive additional 25% more time (an additional 23 minutes) so a total of 113 minutes.
The exam can be scheduled for the last afternoon of the course but may also be held on a later date.
The ISTQB® Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester (CTAL-ATT) certification course aims to enable testers to be more effective in an agile development environment.
Advanced Level testers who have passed the ISTQB Advanced Agile Technical Tester certificate exam, can be expected to:
- Apply Agile techniques to ensure tests that provide adequate coverage.
- Define testable requirements within Agile Team
- Create and implement various Agile Test approaches using appropriate techniques.
- Support and contribute to test automation activities in an Agile project.
- Support continuous integration in an Agile Team
- Support the Agile Team in continuous delivery and deployment.
- Learn the service virtualization concepts.
- Work with, and share information with, other team members using effective communication styles and channels.
Candidates for the ISTQB Advanced Agile Technical Tester certificate must hold EITHER:
1. The ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate (CTFL) version 2019 AND the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level Agile Tester (CT-AT), OR
2. The ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate (CTFL) version 4.0 (2023).
1. Requirements Engineering – 180 mins.
1.1 Introduction (analysing user stories and epics, identifying acceptance criteria)
Testing in Agile
2. Testing in Agile – 540 mins.
2.1 Agile Software Development and Test Techniques
2.2 Experience-based Testing in Agile
2.3 Aspects of Code Quality
3. Test Automation- 135 mins.
3.1 Test Automation Techniques
3.2 Level of Automation
Deployment and Delivery
4 Deployment and Delivery – 105 mins.
4.1 Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery
4.2 Service Virtualization