ITIL(R) Extension module: Acquiring & Managing Cloud Services
The course is based around the customer journey and explores how we would engage with cloud service providers (CSPs) to understand their services through to the onboarding of those services and how we realize value from them. This is not a technical cloud services course but more around the supplier/consumer journey. This course will be delivered over two-and-a-half days with an exam voucher for delegates to take the associated exam at a time of their choosing. Who should attend? The course is aimed at anybody who will be involved in decision making around cloud services and also negotiations with and managing cloud service providers.
ExaminationThe exam is a 90 minute, closed book examination of 40 multiple choice questions invigilated by PeopleCert. The pass mark for this exam is 70% (28/40) Important information: This examination is a standalone module –it extends knowledge but it does not count towards obtaining the ITIL Managing Professional or ITIL Strategist qualification award. PeopleCert exams take place remotely via PeopleCert Online Proctoring, and the afternoon of the last day of your course will continue with your learning until approximately 4.00pm. When booking your exam please ensure that it is for a time after the course has concluded and at a time convenient for you. You will be required to download and install ExamShield and conduct a compatibility test prior to sitting the exam.
- To provide candidates with best practice guidance on how to use the capabilities offered by the cloud to identify and pursue opportunities, manage risks and achieve their desired business outcomes
- To provide the candidate with the practical skills and knowledge necessary to create, align and integrate key concepts of the ITIL framework to the cloud consumer journey
- To analyse available solutions and potential benefits using a vendor-neutral approach
- To effectively identify, select and deliver optimized cloud services
- To understand how to facilitate value co-creation through successful cloud services procurement and integration whilst applying the ITIL 4 framework.
- To ensure we adopt a customer-focused end-to-end cloud procurement user journey.
There are no pre-requisites for this course although an understanding of ITIL terminology would be helpful.