Microservices & Docker hands-on
Microservices is a style of designing applications as a collection of loosely coupled, fine-grained services. With Docker container virtualization and Kubernetes, microservices are getting more and more popular, being at the heart of cloudification. As microservices grow more and more important, it is essential to understand how they function.
This 2-day course gives an overview of microservices, Docker and Kubernetes through hands-on, practical exercises.
After the course, you know on a practical level what microservices are and how to design and code software in a new way: what is and what is not a microservice architecture, what are the benefits and pitfalls, and how it all ties together to the trend of cloudification.
You will also gain practical experience on using tools like Docker and Kubernetes, the current favourite technologies that enable microservice architecture from operational point-of-view. These concepts are transferable later on to other similar technologies as well. The training will be mostly practical exercises: designing and implementing microservices, packaging the microservices as containers, and running as well as managing the containers.
What will I learn during the course?
- You will understand what microservices are and what they are not.
- You will know how to design software utilising microservices architecture style.
- You will learn how to code microservices with modern tools.
- You will learn the basics of Docker and Kubernetes and have practical knowledge of managing an application implemented as microservices.
This course is applicable to you, if you have background in Java programming language and
object-oriented programming. Strong background in C# or C++ programming languages are also
fine, even if Java is unfamiliar.
Contents of Microservices & Docker hands-on
- Introduction & history of microservices
- Introduction to Docker
- Hands-on exercises with Docker
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Hands-on exercises with Kubernetes
- Hands-on exercises to design and implementation of microservices
- Hands-on exercises packaging and managing your application with Docker & Kubernetes.
- Discussion on cloudification and the future landscape of software development.