NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP) 800-53 Practitioner Certificate
Accredited through APMG International, certified in the UK by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and listed as qualified cyber training by Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (DHS CISA) in the USA, the NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) training program teaches individuals and organizations how to engineer, operationalize and continually improve a NIST Cybersecurity Framework program.
Following on from the learning secured during the NCSP® Foundation Certificate course, this 5-day, accredited instructor led, NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate course outlines current cybersecurity challenges and explains how organisations who operationalize a NIST-CSF program across an enterprise and its supply chain can mitigate these challenges, using the NIST 800-53 standard as an informative reference.
This course will empower candidates with the following learning outcomes:
- Understand and describe how an organization can approach the adoption and adaptation of the NIST-CSF
- Understand and describe how to implement cybersecurity controls using an incremental improvement approach, using the NIST 800-53 Standard as an informative reference
- Understand and describe how to create, protect, and deliver digital business value
NCSP® Foundation Certificate is a pre-requisite for course attendance.
This NCSP® Practitioner level course builds on knowledge secured during NCSP® Foundation Certificate study and covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction
- A Proactive Approach
- Systems Thinking
- Cybersecurity and the Digital Value Management System (DVMS)
- Adapting The Way We Work
- Cybersecurity Within A System
- Digital Business Risk Management
- The DVMS as a scalable overlay
- Beyond the Framework
- 5-day accredited instructor led training
- NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate digital courseware
- 'Practitioner Guide to Adapting the NIST Cybersecurity Framework' eBook
- Exam fees included (implementer or auditor)
- Certificate of Attendance
- NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate Digital Badge on successful completion of exam
- Access to the NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) LinkedIn community
- Access to the Digital Value Management System Institute (DMVSi) LinkedIn community
2 hour online, proctored, closed book exam with sixty-five (65) multiple-choice questions with a single correct answer from 4-choices (A, B, C, D).
Questions may appear in any of the following forms (sample, not an exhaustive list).
- Which of the following is true, correct, most correct?
- Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
- Which of the following statements addresses X?
- How would you show Y?
- What is…?
- What is missing from…?
- _____ is a correct way to…?
- How would you describe…?
- How would you explain…?
- What is the main idea of…?
- Which is the best choice…?
- Each correct answer is worth 1 point.
- Pass mark is 60% (39 correct out of 65).
- NCSP® Pathway Progression
This course is the third in a series of NIST Cybersecurity Professional (NCSP®) training courses designed to help organizations create a culture-driven, adaptive, cyber-resilient enterprise capable of creating, protecting, and delivering digital business value.
Students who complete and successfully pass the associated NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate exam can progress onto NCSP® 800-171 Specialist Certificate and NCSP® ISO 27001 Specialist Certificate level study.