Red Hat App Development Fuse Camel Development
Learn to develop, implement, test, and deploy enterprise integration patterns (EIP)-based applications using Apache Camel
Red Hat® JBoss® Fuse Camel Development (JB421) is a hands-on, lab-based course that gives Java™ developers and architects an understanding of Apache Camel and Red Hat's Camel development enhancements and tools.
This course is based on Red Hat JBoss Fuse v6.3.
Attendees will learn the skills to develop, implement, test, and deploy EIP-based applications using Camel. Camel development is organized around:
- Routes that define a sequence or flow of processing through one or more processors and endpoints
- Processors that massage, interpret, and modify messages within a Camel flow.
- Components used to create endpoints that interact with the outside world for acquiring and transmitting messages.
This course can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Camel Development exam (EX421).
Course content summary
- Introduce Camel
- Create routes
- Transform data
- Route with Java Beans
- Implement representational state transfer (REST) services
- Deploy Camel routes
- Implement transactions
- Implement parallel processing
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the Camel skills needed to minimize the amount of development work by providing a rich set of reusable components to connect data from multiple systems such as databases, social media, and enterprise resource planning systems.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to develop routes and mediation rules to integrate message queues, filesystems, databases, among other systems via use cases, using Apache Camel.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Develop routes with some components provided by Camel.
- Identify components supporting an integration use case.
- Deploy Camel routes on Red Hat JBoss EAP, Red Hat JBoss Fuse, and OpenShift with Fuse Integration Services
- Create REST endpoints to expose Camel integration points.
- Integrate Message Queues and File systems with database components.
- Convert common data formats (such as CSV, XML, Java Objects, JSON formats) using Camel's embedded converters.
- Integrate Camel with the Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) APIs.
- Experience developing and deploying Java EE 7 applications
- Familiarity with relational databases, Java database connectivity, and SQL
- Familiarity with Java development tools such as Maven and Eclipse
- Basic knowledge of Spring Framework
Introduction to Camel
Learn to integrate applications and create simple routes with Camel.
Develop Camel routes and deploy them on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Karaf.
Convert messages between data formats using implicit and explicit transformation.
Route with Java Beans
Create dynamic routes in Camel using Java Beans.
Implement REST services
Enable REST support on Camel with Java REST APIs.
Deploy Camel routes
Package and deploy camel applications for deployment in different environments.
Provide data integrity in route processing by implementing transactions.
Implement parallel processing
Improve route processing throughput using Camel parallel processing mechanisms.
Red Hat JBoss Fuse Camel development comprehensive review
Implement three projects that address integration requirements of a real world integration application.