Red Hat OpenShift Developer II: Building Kubernetes Application
In this course, you will learn how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster. Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
This course will be based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6.
- Software developers interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
- Software architects interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
- Deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster and manage them with the command line client and the web console.
- Design and build containers for applications for successful deployment to an OpenShift cluster.
- Publish container images to an enterprise registry.
- Build containerized applications using the Source-to-Image facility.
- Create applications using OpenShift templates.
- Extract a service from a monolithic application and deploy it to the cluster as a microservice.
- Migrate applications to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have completed the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift course (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
Deploy an application to an OpenShift Cluster.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift
Build container images with advanced Dockerfile directives.
Publish enterprise container images
Create an enterprise registry and allow access to the OpenShift registry.
Describe the OpenShift build process and implement post-commit build hooks.
Customize Source-to-Image builds
Customize an existing S2I base image.
Create applications from OpenShift templates
Describe the elements of an OpenShift template and create a multi-container template.
Manage application deployments
Monitor application health and select the appropriate deployment strategy.
Migrate applications to OpenShift
Integrate external services and migrate applications deployed on Red Hat JBoss Middleware.