Veeam BackupandReplication V11: Architecture and Design
The two-day, Veeam® Backup and Replication™ v11: Architecture and Design training course, is focused on teaching IT professionals how to effectively architect a Veeam solution through attaining technical excellence following the Veeam Architecture Methodology used by Veeam's own Solution Architects.
During the two days, attendees will explore the goals of requirement gathering and infrastructure assessment, and use that information to design Veeam solutions within team exercises. Attendees will analyze considerations when turning logical designs into physical designs and describe the obligations to the implementation team that will implement that design. Other topics covered will include security, governance and validation impacts when architecting a Veeam solution and how to build these into the overall design.
Attendees should expect to contribute to team exercises, present designs and defend decision making.
Senior Engineers and Architects responsible for creating architectures for Veeam environments.
Goal of this course
After completing this course attendees should be able to:
- Design and architect a Veeam solution in a real-world environment
- Describe best practices, review an existing infrastructure and assess business/project requirements
- Identify relevant infrastructure metrics and perform component (storage, CPU, memory) quantity sizing
- Provide implementation and testing guidelines in line with designs
- Innovatively address design challenges and pain points, matching appropriate Veeam Backup and Replication features with requirements
Ideally VMCE certified, attendees should have extensive commercial experience with Veeam and a broad sphere of technical knowledge of servers, storage, networks, virtualization and cloud environments.
Attendees of this class should be experienced systems engineers or architects and should ideally possess the VMCE certification.
Update your skills in v10 / v11 with regard to the main new functionalities (concerning in particular: NAS Backup, Backup Repository and Capacity / Archive Tier ...)
Reading the "What's new?" is essential.
Implementation and Governance
Validation and Iteration