TOGAF® standard provides the methods and tools for assisting in the acceptance, production, use and maintenance of an enterprise architecture. It is based on an iterative process model supported by best practices and a re-usable set of existing architecture assets.
Our TOGAF® 9 Training is accredited by The Open Group.
TOGAF® is a registered trademarks of The Open Group.
This training is targeted for individuals who require a basic understanding of TOGAF® standard:
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Architects who are looking for a proper introduction to TOGAF standard
Previous experience of enterprise architecture is helpful when learning TOGAF® framework.
The price of TOGAF 9 Foundation certification test is included in the training price. For open enrollment training courses organized in Helsinki, the certification test is at the end of the 3rd training day (starting approx 1 pm). On other TOGAF training courses (including online participation) participants receive a voucher, which they can redeem at Pearson VUE test center or when booking an online test. Even in the open enrollment courses you can choose the voucher option to book the test for a later date, if you so wish. In that case your 3rd training day ends approx 1 pm.
Training material and certification test are in English. Our TOGAF® 9 Training is accredited by The Open Group.
Training is run in Finnish or English (see flags next to the date).
Click here to see the description of TOGAF 9 Training: Foundation in Finnish.
The course prepares the candidates for the TOGAF 9 Foundation (level 1) certification. The learning objectives at level 1 focus on knowledge and comprehension.
The purpose of the TOGAF 9 Training: Foundation course is to provide knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF standard. The core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF framework are essential part of the training course.
Dates of the course TOGAF 9 Training: Foundation
TOGAF 9 Training is run in three consecutive days, except:
- Training starting on 8.10., which is run in English as a two-day course 8.-9.10. and the certification test is taken by the participants on a later date, which they agree themselves (participants receive a voucher, which they can redeem at Pearson VUE test center).
Content of TOGAF 9 Training: Foundation
1 Basic Concepts of enterprise architecture
- An enterprise
- An enterprise architecture
- An architecture framework
- Introduction of TOGAF standard
2 Core Concepts in TOGAF framework
- The ADM
- The Enterprise Continuum
- The Architecture Repository
- Architecture Capability
3 General Definitions in TOGAF standard
4 Introduction to the ADM
- Introduction of ADM cycle, its phases and their objectives
- Introduction of typical steps
- Introduction of supporting guidelines and techniques
- Scoping an architecture activity
5 Enterprise Continuum and Tools
- Structure and purpose of enterprise continuum
- Structure and purpose of architecture continuum
- Structure and purpose of solution continuum
- Three levels of architecture landscape
6 ADM Phases (Level 1)
- Preliminary phase
- Phase A
- Phase B
- Phase C
- Phase D
- Phase E
- Phase F
- Phase G
- Phase H
- ADM architecture requirements management
7 ADM Guidelines and Techniques
- Architecture principles
- Business scenarios
- Gap analysis
- Business transformation readiness
8 Architecture Governance (Level 1)
- Architecture board
- Architecture contracts
- Architecture compliance
9 Architecture Views, View-points, and Stakeholders
10 Building Blocks
- Definition, purpose and charecteris-tics of a building block
11 ADM Deliverables
- Definition and purpose of key ADM deliverables
12 TOGAF Reference Models (Level 1)
13 TOGAF Certification Program
- Certification exam preparations
TOGAF Foundation exam
Timetable for TOGAF Training
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:00, morning coffee available from 8:30 am onwards.
Training card in TOGAF 9 Training: Foundation level
Those who pay with Tieturi training card will be charged 4 days. This includes the price of the certification test.