AWS Migration Essentials
This course is intended to provide solution architects foundational knowledge required to successfully plan and perform lift and shift migrations to AWS Cloud. The curriculum includes methodologies for discovering, planning, performing, and tracking migrations by using various AWS tools and services.
This course is intended for technical audience (Solution Architects, Developer, and Administrators) with limited to no knowledge on cloud migration.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Understand various technical topics related to the migration phase and AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Determine cloud readiness and migration strategies using assessment tools and services provided by AWS.
- Understand the key tasks involved in planning and mobilizing lift and shift migrations.
- Describe, at a high level, the AWS services, resources, and tools necessary for light and shift migrations of servers, databases, applications, and data.
We recommend that attendees of this course have completed the AWS Technical Essentials course.
AWS Migration Essentials – course outline
- Overview of the migration phases and AWS Well-Architected Framework in relevance to migration.
- AWS Migration Evaluator to assess portfolio and build a data-driven business case.
- AWS Application Discovery Service (ADS) to discover on-premises server inventory.
- AWS Migration Hub to plan, discover, accelerate, and track migrations.
- AWS Application Migration Service (MGN) to migrate your on-premises applications.
- AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) to securely migrate databases.
- AWS Snow Family an AWS DataSync to simplify and accelerate large data migrations.