SAFe Advanced Scrum Master with SASM certification
Advancing Scrum Master servant leadership with SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework®), based on version 6 of SAFe. Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification.
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
SAFe® and Scaled Agile Framework® are registered marks of Scaled Agile, Inc.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
After this course, you can:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification - Course content
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification examination
- This training prepares you for SAFe 6 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) Exam
- You must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- You take the exam using your own computer any time within 30 days of the training, only internet access is needed.
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based; closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 6 Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 44 out of 60 (73% passing score)
- see SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master sample test questions
Attendees who pass the SAFe Scrum Master exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 6 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
The training material is in English. The training is run by using official material provided by Scaled Agile, Inc.