DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 (DASA) Training & Certification
This course is designed to provide you with the background knowledge you need to understand the principles and practices of DevOps. More importantly, this course is designed to inspire you to serve as a change champion who leads and mentors others by sharing and using what you’ve learned – and continue to learn – about DevOps.
DevOps is the future of IT today! This course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and, of course, automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. To maximize the IT value flow to customers, DevOps creates an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster for the benefit of the business. Higher customer satisfaction, better quality, faster delivery and lower costs are all benefits of DevOps.
This Dev Ops course helps professionals understand:
- Why organizations need to adopt DevOps practices from both the business and IT perspectives
- How to answer the question ‘What is DevOps?’
- DevOps values and principles
- How DevOps interfaces with other frameworks such as Agile, Lean and ITSM
- The characteristics of a DevOps culture
- DevOps organizational considerations including DevOps roles, teams and organizational structures
- Key DevOps practices
- Common DevOps automation practices and tools categories
- How to adopt a DevOps culture.
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification adds value to individuals involved in IT
development, operations, or service management.
Anyone who requires a detailed understanding of DevOps principles, such as project and business managers, all professionals involved in IT quality assurance, testing and service management and anyone involved in the development, operation and delivery of IT services.
After having completed the DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification, participants will be able
- Participate successfully in DevOps transformation within their organization by sharing a
common understanding and vocabulary required for DevOps ways of working
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- Explain the importance of flow, feedback, and continuous experimentation and learning
in guiding DevOps practices within an organization.
- Explain the core elements of a DevOps culture and its importance.
- Discuss ways in which organizations and teams can embrace a DevOps culture.
- Explain the importance of automation to improve the production cycle for higher value
- Discuss ways to implement automation within a product lifecycle.
- Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimizes and accelerates the
ways of working.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation.
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures.
- Explain the importance of building a culture and safe environment for information
sharing to enable successful collaboration
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
This course covers the foundational skills and knowledge required for a DevOps transformation
journey, starting from the basics of DevOps, origin, and evolution to the current best practices in
management, processes, and technology. The course aligns the vocabulary and concepts of
DevOps across all employees and emphasizes the cultural aspects, recognizing that technology
is just one part of the transformation journey.
DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 focuses on building a common frame of reference around
philosophy, culture, and people dimensions critical to a successful DevOps transformation. For
any IT organization undergoing transformation, DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 provides overarching
guidance with links to many other guidance products from DASA supporting individual roles and
the organization in multiple ways for building capabilities.
- Introducing DASA DevOps Fundamentals
- Building DevOps Context
- DASA Guidance
- Exam Preparation
This training course prepares you for DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 certification exam.
The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 65%. Participants are permitted to use scratch paper.
The price of certification 270 € + vat. will be added to the course fee. We recommend you to take the certification exam in about 1 week after the training. The exam is remotely proctored, meaning that you can take the test anywhere: only an internet connection and a quiet place is needed. If you wish to take the exam at the end of the 2nd training day, approx 4.30 pm - 5.45 pm, we can provide you a room to take it as a remotely proctored exam with your own laptop.
You can download DASA DevOps Fundamentals mock exam here.
About DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org
This training is organized in affiliation with KnowIt Solutions. Training material and test is in English, training is run in Finnish or in English - see the schedule above.
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:00, breakfast is available from 8:15 to 9:00 am.
Saattaisit olla kiinnostunut myös näistä koulutuksista: