ISTQB Advanced Level Software Test Manager
The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Level certification training focuses on test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
After the training you can define the overall testing goals and strategy for the system being tested. You improve your skills to plan, schedule and track the tasks.
Tieturi is an accredited ISTQB/ISEB trainer by FiSTB (Finnish Software Testing Board).
Training is designed to professionals who have advanced in their software testing career and want to certify on a higher level. This includes test managers, test analysts, test engineers, but also project managers, quality managers and development managers.
After this syllabus based ISTQB advanced level training, you have improved you skills to:
- Describe and organise the necessary activities in software testing
- Select, acquire and assign the adequate resources to the tasks
- Select, organise and lead testing teams
- Organise the communication between the members of the testing teams, and between the testing teams and all relevant stakeholders.
- Justify the decisions
- Provide adequate reporting information where applicable
Check available certification times from https://fistb.fi/en/istqb-certifications-english-test/istqb-certification-exams/
To take the exam candidates must hold the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate and they should have applicable software testing experience minimum of 18 months.
Contents of ISTQB Advanced Level Software Test Manager
Basic aspects of testing
- Life cycle models
- Specific systems and metrics & measurement
- Test planning & control
- Test implementation & execution
- Evaluating exit criteria & reporting
- Test closure activities
- Individual skills
- Test policy
- Test strategy
- Test plan
Risk based testing
FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Business value of testing
- Test estimation and test scheduling
- Test team dynamics
- Fitting testing within the organization
Test management and control
Test management issues
- Exploratory testing
- Special systems
- Non-functional testing
Distributed, outsourced and insourced testing
- CMMi, TMM, TPI, CTP, STEP
Standards in testing
Test tools & automation
Risk management in the life cycle
- This training prepares you for the ISTQB Advanced Level Software Test Manager examination. The (optional) ISTQB Advanced Level certification test is organized around two weeks after the training. The exact time of the test is agreed separately with the participants. Examination costs are not included in the course price.
- An additional 265 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.
The training material and test are in English, training is run in Finnish or English.
Those who pay with Tieturi's training card will be charged 150 € + vat. for the material.