Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO)
You already work as Scrum Product Owner. You know Scrum and have learnt your Scrum Guide, as you have participated on a Certified Scrum Product Owner training course. Yet you still feel that to make your work smoother you’d like to hone your skills on truly delivering value to customers, collaborating with all stakeholders and wisely refining backlog – to really get the feel that you own the product. Successful completion of this course grants you skills for these and Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner certification.
Scrum Product Owners, business owners, business analysts, business managers. Note: to attend the training you need to have at least one year of work experience as a Scrum Product Owner.
Goals of Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner training
This advanced-level, very hands-on and fast-paced course is designed to develop your Product Owner skills from good to great, to go beyond the basic mechanics of the Product Owner role by concentrating on:
- Product Owner Core Competencies
- Advanced Purpose and Strategy
- Empathizing with Customers and Users
- Advanced Product Assumption Validation
- Advanced Techniques for Working with the Product Backlog
To take this training you need to have a current Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO) and have at least one year of work experience as a Scrum Product Owner.
Before the training you are expected to spend a few hours preparing for the workshop by familiarizing yourself with relevant concepts and techniques according to the prestudy guide.
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) - course content
1. Towards Mastery
2. Product Owner Core Competencies
Working with Stakeholders
- Identifying major stakeholder groups
- Collaborating with the stakeholders
- Identify purpose and define strategy
- Product Owner as facilitator
- Facilitative listening techniques
- Alternatives to open discussion
- Multiple perspectives
- Divergent thinking and convergent thinking
Working with the Development Team
- Technical debt
- Technical practices and their impact
Product Ownership with Multiple Teams
- Scaling frameworks
- Handling dependencies
3. Advanced Purpose and Strategy
Developing Practical Product Strategies
- Operationalizing product strategy
- Product plan
- Plan a release
4. Empathizing with Customers and Users
Customer Research and Product Discovery
- Customer Research Techniques
- Techniques of product discovery
- Techniques to communicate product ideas
5. Advanced Product Assumption Validation
- Cognitive biases
- Engaging with stakeholders over multiple Sprints
- Effective Review meetings
- Approaches to testing assumptions
- Testing assumptions in the Scrum framework
6. Advanced Techniques for Working with the Product Backlog
- Differentiating Outcome and Output
- Maximizing outcome while minimizing output
- Techniques to model and measure value
Generating and Ordering Items
- Generate new product backlog items
- Techniques in ordering a product backlog
- Reaching the final decision
Advanced Item Refinement
- Ensuring Readiness
- Session for Breaking down the Features
- Feedback sources
- Improving the product backlog
Product owner training package
If you are an experienced Product Owner without a certification, you can simultaneously buy both Certified Scrum Product Owner and Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner training courses at a reduced price of 2635 eur +vat (normally 3100 eur + vat). To claim the benefit, mention "Product Owner combined" in the additional information field of the enrollment form.
The training material is in English. The training is run using material officially approved by Scrum Alliance.
The training starting on 6.5.2020, has the 2nd training day on 13.5.2020.
Course days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:30, breakfast available from 8:15 A.M onwards.