ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analyst
This course provides you an understanding of test analyst issues giving you the knowledge and skills required to become an Advanced Test Analyst, and prepares you to take ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate exam.
Tieturi is an accredited ISTQB/ISEB trainer by FiSTB (Finnish Software Testing Board).
This 4-day course is most appropriate for Testers, Test Analysts, Test Engineers, Test Consultants, Test Managers, User Acceptance Testers, Software Developers and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analyst Certificate.
The Advanced Level certificates are also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as Project Managers, Quality Managers, Software Development Managers, Business Analysts, IT Directors and Management Consultants.
An Advanced Level Test Analyst can:
- Perform testing activities appropriate to the software development lifecycle in use.
- Prioritise testing activities based on analysed risks.
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to achieve defined coverage criteria.
- Provide an appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities.
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
- Undertake the usability testing for a given project.
- Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
- Design & implement a defect classification scheme.
- Apply tools to support testing.
To take the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate candidates must hold the ISEB ISTQB Foundation certificate. If you do not plan to take the certificate, you can participate on the training even without previous certificates as long as you have at least the Foundation level knowledge on testing.
Contents of ISTQB Advanced Level Test Analyst
Explains the role and contribution of the Test Analyst throughout the test process and how they align with the roles of the Test Manager and Technical Test Analyst. Focusing on the tasks of test analysis and design the course explains appropriate uses for concrete and logical test cases, defining criteria for starting test execution and measuring test completion status. The impact of different lifecycle models on these tasks is also considered.
Discusses Test Analyst responsibilities that include a contribution to project metrics, risk-based prioritisation and the scheduling of business domainbased tests. The impact of risk on test case selection, test coverage and test data tasks is also described.
Specification, defect and experience-based techniques are covered. The specification-based techniques introduced at the Foundation level are developed further. These include equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables, state transition testing and use case testing. Additional specification-based techniques introduced include classification tree testing, use of orthogonal arrays, pairwise testing, domain analysis, and user stories. Defect-based techniques, exploratory testing and the use of defect taxonomies are also covered.
Testing Software Quality Characteristics
The specific software quality characteristics that apply to the Test Analyst are the functional areas of accuracy, suitability and interoperability as well as the non-functional areas of usability and accessibility. Describes how to approach testing these quality characteristics.
Here the focus is on using checklists to identify defects in use cases and in requirements specifications from a tester’s perspective. Sample checklists are supplied and participants learn how to present problems found in a review meeting.
Explains how to define and use defect classification values classify defects found. Includes a discussion using root cause information for process improvement. Also how to perform preliminary root cause analysis.
Covers tool and automation issues that are relevant to the Test Analyst. This includes business process modelling tools and knowledge of the interactions between the tools typically used by a Test Analyst.
ISTQB Test Analyst Certificate Examination
- This course provides the knowledge and skills to take the 3-hour multiple choice ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate exam. The (optional) ISTQB certification test is organized around two weeks after the training. The exact time of the test is agreed separately with the participants.
- Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 265 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.
The training material and test are in English, training is run in Finnish or English.
Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 265 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.