Containers and the Basics of Docker
Containers are one of the hottest technologies in software development in recent years, and
Docker is by far the most popular tool. Containers enable leaner development and modern
software architectures, like microservices. Getting familiar with containers also helps you
identify when the containers are the right tool and when not.
In this course, you'll learn through practical exercises to understand and use containers to
your best benefit!
The main goal of the course is an excellent basic understanding that helps you design
software based on containers. In addition, it will be a solid foundation for further independent
studies and exploration.
You can use your laptop
If you prefer, you can use your laptop. You'll need to have Docker and Docker Compose
installed. We will use the command line interface to Docker. Install Docker for most platforms
The course is designed for anyone in software development who wants to learn the basics of
containers and Docker, Developers, Testers, Scrum Masters, Managers, etc.
● Strong understanding of the foundations of containers and Docker
● Clear vision on what to use containers for and what not
● Ability to create own containers and use ready ones (Docker Hub)
● Skill to combine containers into clusters with Docker Compose
● Understand the software development process for containers
Course program for Containers and the Basics of Docker
In this course, you will learn by doing. We will first introduce the concepts, after which you
can try how it works in practice.
● What are containers?
● What is Docker?
● Introduction of the container clusters we'll have built by the end of the day
● My First Dockerfile
● The difference between a container and an image
● Examining containers
● Mounting a drive
● Network connections
● Creating a container cluster with Docker Compose
● Everyone builds their container cluster
● A word about container orchestration
Training starts at 9:00 and ends at about 16 - 16:30. Breakfast is served from 8:15 - 9:00.
You might be interested in these courses: