SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Management
The Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator course explores how to design, implement, and operate an organization’s identity and access management systems by using Azure AD. Learn to manage tasks such as providing secure authentication and authorization access to enterprise applications. You will also learn to provide seamless experiences and self-service management capabilities for all users. Finally, learn to create adaptive access and governance of your identity and access management solutions ensuring you can troubleshoot, monitor, and report on your environment. The Identity and Access Administrator may be a single individual or a member of a larger team. Learn how this role collaborates with many other roles in the organization to drive strategic identity projects. The end goal is to provide you knowledge to modernize identity solutions, to implement hybrid identity solutions, and to implement identity governance.
This course is for the Identity and Access Administrators who are planning to take the associated certification exam, or who are performing identity and access administration tasks in their day-to-day job. This course would also be helpful to an administrator or engineer that wants to specialize in providing identity solutions and access management systems for Azure-based solutions; playing an integral role in protecting an organization.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement an identity management solution
- Implement an authentication and access management solutions
- Implement access management for apps
- Plan and implement an identity governancy strategy
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Be familiar with identity concepts such as authentication, authorization, and active directory.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
- Some experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages is helpful but not required. Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.
Module 1: Implement an identity management solution
- Implement Initial configuration of Azure AD
- Create, configure, and manage identities
- Implement and manage external identities
- Implement and manage hybrid identity
Module 2: Implement an authentication and access management solution
- Plan and Implement Azure Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
- Manage user authentication
- Plan, implement, and administer conditional access
- Manage Azure AD identity protection
Module 3: Implement access management for Apps
- Plan and design the integration of enterprise for SSO
- Implement and monitor the integration of enterprise apps for SSO
- Implement app registration
Module 4: Plan and implement an identity governance strategy
- Plan and implement entitlement management
- Plan, implement, and manage access reviews
- Plan and implement privileged access
- Monitor and maintain Azure AD
You might be interested in these courses: