After attending PRINCE2 Foundation, 7th Edition training course you can utilize this project work framework in your own projects either as a project manager or as a member of a project team.
The PRINCE2 7 Foundation course provides participants with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2 project methodology. This course prepares you to participate to a voluntary PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam, too.
Project managers, consultants and support staff needing a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the project lifecycle along with the key management documents that should be created during each stage of a project when using PRINCE2 project management method.
Goal of PRINCE2 Foundation training
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2 method
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the project plan
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2 method
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the techniques
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
- Prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto PRINCE2 Practitioner Level
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the Project
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well-managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results
PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam
- 60 multiple choice questions
- Pass mark: 60%
- Duration: 60 minutes + extra 15 min for non-native English participants
- Closed book, no outside information sources are allowed (including e.g., dictionary, Google Translate or PRINCE2 Manual)
- Sample exams are available in Axelos website
The PRINCE2 Foundation certification test is voluntary. The exam fee is included in your training fee. You take the certification test online at your computer at the time best suitable to you.
This training is run by an officially accredited trainer using an officially accredited training material, based on the latest version PRINCE2 Foundation, 7th edition. The material and optional certification tests are in English. The training course is run in English or in Finnish - see info next to the training date.
Since this is a compressed, fast-moving training course, it is required that you familiarize yourself with the material that is sent before the training or that you have the experience of using PRINCE2 in project management. It is recommended that you book approx. 1 hour for going through the pre-material.
Getting PRINCE2 Foundation Certification does not require project work experience, but having project work experience is recommended so that you can better adopt the lessons of the training course.
Contents of PRINCE2 Foundation
The table of content for the training material, which is in English:
- The background to PRINCE2 Foundation
2. Overview of PRINCE2 Project Management
- The definitions and characteristics of a project
- What makes a project a PRINCE2 project
- The features and benefits of PRINCE2
- Project management
- The seven aspects of project performance to be managed
- The PRINCE2 principles
- The integrated elements of PRINCE2
- The PRINCE2 journey
- The user/supplier context
- Applying and tailoring PRINCE2
- The organizational and project ecosystems
- The concept of change management and how to lead change in a project
- The distinction between leadership and management
- Key people concepts of culture, collaboration, diversity, capability, and competence
- The importance of communication and how to manage it
- Integration of people aspects with other PRINCE2 elements
- The purpose of the organizing practice
- The three project interests and how these are represented in the four management levels
- The roles and responsibilities of the different parts of the project management team
- The organization design and development process
- Application of the principles to the organizing practice
5. Starting up a project and initiating a project
- The purpose and objectives of starting up a project
- The purpose and objectives of initiating a project
- The context and process for starting a project
- The context and process for initiating a project
- The purpose of the project initiation documentation and project brief
6. Business case
- The purpose of the business case practice
- Key concepts related to business justification
- The benefits management approach
- The business case management process
- The purpose of the plans practice
- The purpose of the project plan, stage plan, team plan, and exception plan
- Determining project stages
- Applying product-based planning
- The PRINCE2 technique for the plans practice
- The purpose of the quality practice
- Key concepts related to quality
- Quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control
- Applying product-based quality
- The PRINCE2 technique for the quality practice
- The purpose of the risk practice, including the risk budget
- Key concepts related to risk
- Risk planning, risk analysis, and risk control
- The PRINCE2 procedure for risk management
- The purpose of the risk management approach and risk register
10. Controlling a stage and managing product delivery
- The purpose, objectives, and activities in the ‘controlling a stage’ process
- The purpose, objectives, and activities in the ‘managing product delivery’ process
- How work packages are controlled, managed, and delivered
11. Managing a stage boundary
- The purpose, objectives, and context of the ‘managing a stage boundary’ process
- The activities in the ‘managing a stage boundary’ process
- The purpose of the issues practice
- Definition of an issue and types of issue
- The PRINCE2 technique for change control
- The purpose of the progress practice
- Key concepts related to progress
- Documents that can be used for progress control
- The PRINCE2 technique for the progress practice and exception management
14. Closing a project
- The purpose and objectives of closing a project
- The context and process of closing a project
- Preparing for planned and premature closes
- Final activities in closing a project
15. Directing a project
- The purpose and objectives of directing a project
- The context and process of directing a project
- The role of the project board
16. Course review
- Key terms and concepts covered in the PRINCE2 Foundation course
- Preparation for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
Tieturi is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO), ACCREDITED BY PEOPLECERT ON BEHALF OF AXELOS.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The price of taking the certification test one time is included in the training price.
Those who pay with Tieturi training card will be charged 3 days. This includes the price of the certification test.
- Erinomaisesti toteutettu koulutus, kouluttaja todella ammattitaitoinen ja opetustyyli hyvä.
- Hyödyllistä tietoa mahdollisuuksista projektien hallinnassa.
- Kouluttaja oli loistava! Hänen koulutuksiinsa osallistuisin mielelläni jatkossakin.
- Hyvä tietopaketti
- Oli ilo osallistua!
- Koulutus oli hyvä ja opettaja osasi opettaa.
- Erittäin hyödyllinen työni kannalta.
- Hyvä koulutus kaiken kaikkiaan kaikin puolin ja hyvä aikataulu.
- Jos Prince2 sertifikaatin haluaa, niin ehdottomasti tarpeen.
- Etenemistapa oli todella hyvä.
- Hyvä koulutus! Todella tiivis paketti.
- Järkevästi jäsennelty materiaali ja muutenkin kompakti kokonaisuus.
- Kiitos erittäin kattavasta koulutuksesta, on iso hyöty omaan työhön! Suosittelen koulutusta kaikille, jotka työskentelevät projektipäällikön tehtävässä tai projektitiimin tehtävissä.
You might be interested in these courses: