TOGAF® EA Course: Foundation
In the training, you will learn the World's most commonly used enterprise architecture framework. Released in 2022, the TOGAF® Standard, 10th Edition is the most recent version of this enterprise architecture standard. The course gives you the knowledge and skills needed to achieve the TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Foundation certificate.
- More than 120,000 people worldwide have already been certified to the different versions of the TOGAF framework.
- The TOGAF standard is freely available and a free framework for internal company development.
- The TOGAF enterprise architecture framework is used by 80% of the World's 50 largest companies.
- The TOGAF enterprise architecture standard is the basis of the enterprise architecture design method widely used by the Finnish public administration (JHS 179).
- The use of the TOGAF Standard has been proven to reduce the risks and costs of planning the enterprise architecture, as well as to shorten the time required for its planning.
After our TOGAF EA Course: Foundation, you will know the parts, structure and key concepts of the TOGAF Standard and understand the different aspects of the TOGAF framework.
Why there is no TOGAF 10 Foundation certificate?
The Open Group has deliberately decoupled the naming of certificates based on the latest version of the TOGAF standard (the TOGAF Standard, 10th edition) from the standard itself. This is due to the broad nature of the new TOGAF standard. The Open Group explains: "Since the new edition of the TOGAF Standard covers a broad range of topics, this would mean that TOGAF 10 Foundation would have very shallow coverage. Instead, learning paths and certifications based on a set of learning outcomes drawn from the standard for specific skillsets and competencies have been defined, for example for TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation." This TOGAF EA Foundation course corresponds to the TOGAF 9 Foundation certification for TOGAF 9 standard.
The TOGAF EA training organized by Tieturi is accredited by The Open Group.
TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
The TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation course is suitable for:
- Experts working in IT architecture projects
- Designers who design solutions according to architectures
- Enterprise architects and other professionals who need basic information about the TOGAF standard
- All professionals who want to understand how to systematically develop an organization
Experience of enterprise architecture helps understanding the TOGAF Standard.
TOGAF® EA Course: Foundation course content
Basic concepts of the TOGAF standard
- Benefits of enterprise architecture
- Applicability of the TOGAF standard to the enterprise architecture
- Architecture Repository
- Architecture Capability
- Content Framework
- Enterprise Metamodel
- Basic terminology
Introduction to Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- Purpose and objectives of the ADM phases:
- Architecture Vision
- Business Architecture
- Information Systems Architectures
- Technology Architecture
- Opportunities and Solutions
- Migration Planning
- Implementation Governance
- Architecture Change Management
- Requirements Management
- An iterative approach
- Scoping the architecture
- Architecture in an agile environment
- Architecture principles
- Business scenarios
- Gap analysis
- Business transformation readiness
- Risk management
- Architecture alternatives
Applying the ADM
- Three levels of architecture landscape
- Four purposes
- Supporting the digital enterprise
- Architecture board
- Architecture contracts
- Building blocks
- Stakeholders, views, viewpoints
- Architecture deliverables
Certification program for the TOGAF Standard
TOGAF Enterprise Architecture Foundation Certification Test
After our TOGAF EA Course: Foundation training, you can participate in the certification test if you wish. The certification test is included in the price of the course. To complete the test, you will receive a voucher that is valid for 12 months. The voucher serves as a means of payment either in the Pearson VUE test centers or in the online test, which you take on your own computer. If you wish, we can arrange a quiet space on our campus for you to take the online test.
- 40 multiple choice questions in English
- passing limit: 60% correct (at least 24 correctly answered questions)
- time: 90 min (60 min + 30 min extra time for non-native English speakers)
We are so confident of the quality of our training that we promise you a free retake of the test, if you don't pass the test (the price of the test when purchased separately is USD 395).
The training material and the certification test are in English. The language of instruction is Finnish or English according to the information next to the course date. The material of our TOGAF® EA Course: Foundation course is officially accredited by The Open Group.
TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
Course begins at 9.00, breakfast is served from 8.15 onwards.
Training days end at 16 - 16.30.
Times in EET (Helsinki, Finland)
The price of taking the certification test one time is included in the training price.
Those who pay with Tieturi training card will be charged 3 days. This includes the price of the certification test.
You might be interested in these courses: